“Great visit”

Monte Christo On The River
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

A few friends and I went for dinner Saturday night, I ordered their new stuffed chicken special and It was fantastic . We went in for a friends birthday and the owner or manager which ever he was is very personal and came to check on us to make sure everything was alright, we were very satisfied with all of our meals and very competitive prices we will definitely be back again very soon thank you

There are newer reviews for Monte Christo On The River

Reviewed October 21, 2013

If you have any appreciation for good food this is a don't. If you are looking for a big portion of food lacking pzazz but a good "bang for your buck." Go here. The food doe's not rival any of the other popular restaurants in town such as Atlas, Prime or Locals yet somehow it seems to stay semi popular. The menu hasn't changed any in the last 20 years so if you like the same old same old it's not bad. The river is pretty but the building is in dear need of a reno. The only positive side was the girls working there seemed very friendly.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I went for lunch with a group of ladies. I ordered a spinach salad. The salad came with great long stems still attached to the spinach. I tried to discretely eat the spinach but I choked and gagged as the leaf went down but the stem stayed in my mouth. I had to try to pull it out to keep from upchucking. It was gross. I ended up having to break all the stems off the spinach as I ate my lunch. Then what to do with the stems?!? The service was also slow and poor. I would have sent the meal back, but never saw the server again until I was presented with the bill. The room we were in looked tired, old and a bit grubby. So, I crossed the Monte Cristo off my list of places to dine in the beautiful Comox Valley.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We were referred to this restaurant by our hotel. We made a reservation, arrived on time...were taken to a table in the "far outback" without being asked if we had a reservation. We were given a menu...and waited...waited...waited. No service was provided...not even a request for a drinks order. We were located next to a still water outside where bugs were all around. Then, a LOUD outdoor rock concert started right across the narrow river...hard to talk with one another. So, hoping to get to a quieter, less buggy location, we got up and walked inside. No one approached us, no one offered any help...we left, about 25 minutes now into our wait for service...not too happy. Got on the road and found another restaurant, walked in, were greeted, seated and served immediately.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

This was our first visit to this restaurant. It is a lovely setting out by the river. We sat outside. Both my husband and I enjoyed the atmosphere, the food was excellent, piping hot. One family member was complaining about the Scotch tasting off. Though everyone enjoyed their food. We had great service. We will be back again to try out other dishes.