“Excellent restaurant”

Monte Christo On The River
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Great food and service. A pleasure to eat here. Staff is friendly and polite without waiting . Highly recommend eating here............

Reviewed December 31, 2011

The food is amazingly good, the staff are very friendly and helpful, and the owner always comes by to say a personal hello. The atmosphere is cozy and nice and welcoming.

Reviewed March 26, 2011

I dine at this restaurant about 3 time per year because it is my Mother's favorite. I was pleasantly surpised on my last visit when I noted several new items on the menu. I tried the Cobb Salad and a BBQ burger. Both dishes were excellent. Presentation of the salad was good. The burger was on an amazing bun. Way to go Monte Christo looks like you are finally waking up.

1  Thank gourmetincomox
Reviewed February 6, 2011

My 10 year old daughter and I went in on a Sunday evening in late January 2011. We arrived at 5;30 pm and stayed about 45 minutes.However during this time we were the only customers which I found a bit odd. I asked the server about it and she said January is traditionally slow and so are Sunday's. We had the calamari to share which is excellent. My daughter had the chicken cordon bleu and I had the moussaka. There is nothing wrong with the food. We got some warm bread rolls before hand which was nice because most restaurants don't do that anymore. Maybe if their so slow they should put up some January specials and draw some customers in.

Reviewed January 18, 2010

If you are looking for clam chowder this is the spot. Or maybe an old fashioned prime rib dinner on Sunday. It isn't fine dining but it is a local spot for people who enjoy the attention the owner gives you. It really is all about Chris and very little about the food. It is okay but that's not why people come to this restaurant. They like to be called by name and Chris can do that.