“Excellent value, excellent location”

Old House Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Courtenay
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Stayed because they had a great offer, on a per night basis, can't think we have ever got so much for so little. Rooms was very spacious, good finishings. A pet peace I have is "high end" hotels with matching rates, and cheap finishings, especially the linens. Old house is awesome for not cutting cost with cheap linens. Would be well worth longer stays, sadly we were just passing through. Location is excellent.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
OHMGR, Manager at Old House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here with us at The Old House Village Hotel & Spa. I'm so glad to hear that you were impressed with the quality of our linens and that you enjoyed your experience, overall. We hope to welcome you back in the near future for a longer visit! Warm regards, The Team at The Old House.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

This was our first stay and found everything to be just fine. The staff were polite and helpful.
The room was clean, comfortable and very relaxing. In the future we plan to make this our base when we are in Courtenay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I booked the penthouse for my husband and I for the weekend. There were small things wrong with the room that I could of overlooked until I went to have a shower. The taps in the shower were backwards so you had to turn the tap to cold to get any hot water, also the jets in the shower did not work at all. This was one of the reasons that I had booked the penthouse and was not impressed. Also when our room was cleaned the next day, the maid had left cleaning rags in the bathroom. The floor was also filthy and we had to leave our shoes on. When we complained at the front desk on check out we were told that they have a someone on 24 hours a day and should have called the front desk. Great services when you are paying over $200.00 a night for a room. I feel that the cleaning staff should at the very least noticed that the shower was not working. I will not book a visit at this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tina Y
OHMGR, Manager at Old House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback on your stay. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations and to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to welcome you, personally, during your next visit.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 250 703-0980.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

We won a silent auction for a one night stay with a spa package at this hotel. Courtenay is several hours drive from where we live so this made for an excellent opportunitey for a nice weekend getaway with my wife.
The hotel is very charming. It reminds me of the stone and timber designs you see in Banff. It is located along the water in the main part of Courtenay and there is a community maintained walking path along the waterway accessible from the hotel.
The hotel has various room styles from standard to two bedroom suites. We got the one bedroom suite that is located in a separate building on the property. Our room was for all intents and purposes a fully furnished and gorgeously appointed, modern one bedroom condo. There is a full gourmet kitchen with dishwasher. The have everything you need to prepare food from pots and pans, cutlery and utensils to dishes and wine glasses. It is a modern open concept design and features the standard island with sink giving you plenty of room to prepare your feasts. Next there is a dining table and eating area. Next to that is the living room with a sofa that has a queen size pullout bed. The TV is mounted over a working electric fireplace of the more-realistic-looking-flames variety. There is a balcony with several chairs and a table. The bedroom came with a California king size bed (too firm for my liking) and two closets and a full size chest of drawers. Everything is modern and fully up to date. The bathroom is compact but fully functional and accessible from both the bedroom and the dining room. The tub is one of the largest and most comfortable I have ever seen in a hotel room. I am over six feet tall and fit with no bend in my knees. There is also a closet just off the dining room with a modern stacked washer and dryer. If you need a hotel for a long term stay then you will love having a washer and dryer. Don't forget to bring your laundry detergent!
They have free internet!
By far my most favourite hotel bar none.

Room Tip: Get the one or two bedroom suites. You won't regret it!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 11, 2013

My best friend and I had a girls getaway to this charming hotel. We loved the studio suite with the "hostess counter", large room with balcony over looking the water. The staff were delightful, helped with all our inquiries. We booked a seasonal event through the hotel, a dinner mystery tour....4 courses in 4 different restaurants, with wine and a driver. I wish we had this available in Vancouver!
We have decided to make our girls getaway an annual event at The Old House Village Hotel.

Room Tip: Studios overlooking the water...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the suite in the annex. Simply beautiful. Lots of space I would say it was equal to living in a brand new one bedroom condo. Everything provided even washer and dryer. Only minimal suggestion is to have a greater selection of pillows as the ones provided are big. Overall great location and fantastic property

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stayed in a lovely accommodating suite which was unfortunately on the WRONG side of the building close to the noisy bridge. Kitchen was delightful even without a toaster. We did not find out until checkout that continental breakfast was included with the room. Front desk did not seem to be knowledgeable. Location to everything was great for walking. Spa was super and well priced. Pool was freezing but hot tub great. All and all we had a super stay and fun was had by all and perhaps it was a blessing in disguise that the wifi in the suite was not reliable.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Courtenay
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Courtenay Comox Valley SW
The Villas at Crown Isle Resort
Painter's Lodge
Painter's Lodge
#3 of 16 in Campbell River

Been to Old House Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!