I am probably being generous with an average rating. Hotel came recommended by fellow salesperson, and so decided to stay here instead of the Holiday Inn Express. Nicest part of the hotel was the front desk. Looked impressive. Parking was good, as I was close to main entrance. Initial impression of the room was that it was spacious, almost too spacious as the tv screen was far away, and they really could benefit from bigger screens. Room was quiet, and it looks like they have a nice pool with jacuzzi area. Didn't use their restaurant. As a previous reviewer had mentioned the bed mattress is hard, and not too my liking (personal opinion, but if you like a soft mattress, you're not going to get it here. Also as a previous reviewer had said the rooms are too hot. I woke up in the middle of the night, and the roo. Was at 22 degrees. I had one of two options, open the door (no security), or turn on the air conditioning, which I did. Keep in mind this wasn't Summer, and in fact it was snowing last night. The biggest issue was when I used the bathroom the following morning and noticed that there was a red stain, with streaks running down the wall where the towel hanger was. The cleaning staff should have noticed this. I did inform the lady at the front desk, and she apologized and wrote my complaint down, but she didn't really seem to care, and went immediately back to being overly cheery. I did not hear back from the manager with an apology. Will go back to the Holiday Inn Express.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Old House Hotel & Spa is a luxury boutique hotel property in the heart of the Comox Valley. We offer 79 rooms ranging from deluxe studios, one & two bedroom suites and one penthouse suite. We are located on the Courtenay River centrally located to all amenities such as down town shopping, dining, championship golf courses, Mount Washington Ski resort and the Comox International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Old House Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old House Village Hotel Courtenay
- Old House Village Hotel And Spa
- Old Hotel Village
- Old House Hotel & Spa Courtenay, Vancouver Island, Canada