My husband and I just took advantage of an offer The Old House put on this last Thanksgiving weekend for a couple night stay combined with a Grizzly Bear watching tour with Aboriginal Journeys out of Campbell River. This combo was amazing. We love the Old House rooms, the staff are so friendly and accomodating, the food delicious at the restaurant, the hot tub soothing and the massages tres relazing at the Oh Spa. This was our second weekend stay at the Old House, and as a previous reviewer mentioned, we were amazed that one of the ladies at reception remembered us from our stay in August! We had some scuba gear that we needed to store after a 3 day stay and while going on a short 3 -day backpack in Strathcona Park and the folks at Old House found a spot to store our gear, giving us piece of mind. Thanks for going the extra mile!
This time around the service was just as exceptional with the front desk staff co-ordinating our grizzly watching excursion with Garry of Aboriginal Journies, asking them all the questions we had and providing us with instructions of how to get to their office. The day out was spectacular from top to bottom! We had lovely weather - a break between two rain/storm systems - the covered boat ride was comfortable and warm and Garry's knowledge of the local waters was second to none. He would tell us about all the islands, some local and natural history, stories about residents and local issues, and answer any questions we had as we cruised over to Bute Inlet. The beauty of the area is tremendous, with fall colours on shore and snow capped peaks. We were blessed with sighting 7 or 8 grizzlies, including a mom and her 1 1/2 year old cub, who fished in the stream and lounged in the sun nearby one of the viewing towers, on and off most of the afternoon! It was an honour to be in the presence of these gorgeous animals in their home. To top it off we saw seals, eagles, sea lions, a humpback whale and 3 transient Orca whales on the trip to and from the inlet. Garry kept in touch by radio with other whale watching tours in the area to find out about local sightings and we were the beneficiaries of that co-operation! I would highly recommend this tour and hope that Old House offers it again in years to come. Either through Old House or on your own this is a once in a lifetime experience that you must not miss. We would go again in a heartbeat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Old House Hotel & Spa is a luxury boutique hotel property in the heart of the Comox Valley. We offer 79 rooms ranging from deluxe studios, one & two bedroom suites and one penthouse suite. We are located on the Courtenay River centrally located to all amenities such as down town shopping, dining, championship golf courses, Mount Washington Ski resort and the Comox International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, TravelClick and Agoda so you can book your Old House Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old House Village Hotel Courtenay
- Old House Village Hotel And Spa
- Old Hotel Village
- Old House Hotel & Spa Courtenay, Vancouver Island, Canada