“My coffee tasted burnt!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Serious Coffee - CLOSED

Serious Coffee
Cuisines: Cafe, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Description: Serious Coffee Courtenay café is a locally owned and operated coffee shop featuring fresh locally roasted coffee, teas, free Wi-Fi, parking and meeting space for small to mid-sized events. Serious Coffee Courtenay offers the perfect event space for your next gathering.
Comox, Canada
“My coffee tasted burnt!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

We wish we could give a good review but my coffee, an Americano, tasted burnt. The parking was murder in that tiny strip-mall and too many dirty tables not cleared off in the coffee shop. All in all, not a place we will return to, or attempt to return to in Courtenay.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank DukeFamily2014

Edmonton
“Wonderful coffee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

Great lattes and we like to support local businesses. They have a unique space with very comfortable seating and warm, cozy atmosphere. Nice staff.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank SuzyQEdmonton
Courtenay, British Columbia, Canada
“Always good coffee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is a great spot to sit with your late and book. Comfy chairs and staff that doesn't chase you out!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Linda M
Powell River, Canada
“Where to go for your cuppa joe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

I used to trip very often between Powell River on the mainland and Nanaimo on Vancouver Island, where my daughter attended university. That trip involves a 1.5-hour ferry ride and a drive of about the same length. There was one target stop on that route--Serious Coffee in Courtenay. On the wrong side of the main drag on the southward leg of the trip, but worth the trouble of turning the car around and tying up the dog under the nearby trees. It's my mini-holiday from the rain and my hectic schedule. The place is always warm and comfortable, full of interesting people and the sound of good conversation, pleasantly littered with books and reading material--and alive with the heavenly aroma of seriously good coffee. The food menu may have changed since I was there so I won't go into details about it; suffice it to say that the variety of coffeetime and breakfasty goodies tempted some money right out of my wallet, whereas normally I'm too much of a purist to indulge in anything but espresso-style coffee, no sugar or other additions, thank you very much. There's a good tea menu, too.
Next trip to the Island, you'll find me indulging in another mini-holiday at this coffee shop. Seriously.

• Visited May 2013