“Immaculate and wonderful food”
Review of Common Ground Cafe

Common Ground Cafe
Ranked #13 of 154 Restaurants in Courtenay
Cuisines: Cafe, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: The Common Ground , a family run business, is a unique experience in the heart of the Comox Valley! A 100 year old heritage home has been tastefully and creatively transformed into a warm and inviting place where you can loose yourself, be well fed, relaxed and refreshed. Wonderful artisan woodwork throughout the restaurant using reclaimed and natural materials enhances the experience. Our menu is small, fresh, and thoughtfully prepared to provide you what id getting harder and harder to find these days - true food! Nothing too fancy here, just common sense, old fashioned care in preparation and integrity in ingredients, at a price you can afford!
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We make a point to stop and eat here every trip to the Island. Breakfast or lunch has always been great.
It is the cleanest restaurant and the unique interior makes it one of a kind. Staff always knows exactly what is in everything that is on the menu.

Spruce Grove Trippers

1  Thank Diane B

Reviewed June 15, 2014

This place is very quaint. So comfy and peaceful. The service is great and this is even with them not working for tips. So polite and courteous. I had a pick your own sandwich which was great and also a double espresso which was also good. Not the best coffee I've ever had but wasn't acidic and was just filled with peace.

Really love the ambience of the place and can't wait to go back for dinner one night.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

My wife and I were in Courtenay for 3 days and I checked Tripadvisor to see about local restaurants. This place was rated highly so we went there for lunch. First, I have to say the photo does not do the building justice (apparently taken in the winter); when we first spotted it, the front yard was in "bloom" and the trees around were all fully leafed. It truly looked amazing, but the interior is even more fascinating with lots of reclaimed and salvaged wood used. And because it is a good 3 or 4 blocks away from the busy part of 5th St., it was quiet and ample parking was available on the streets.

It was well past lunch time, so it was not at all busy with customers and we were greeted and seated quickly by a very friendly lady. We each had a small soup, and then my wife had a small salad and I went with the Deli Rose sandwich. All I can say is that everything was delicious, and for my part, particularly the sandwich. Mouth watering, with different meats and cheese in a nice bun. Sounds so basic yet it was great!

We will definitely return on our next trip to Courtenay/Comox.

1  Thank CashandCarry
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I love to retreat to this Cafe when friends and family come to visit. Seating is great out on the patio or nestled in the back covered porch. Leafy surrounds, rustic home-made decor and quiet owner/operators make it a calm zone away from the day's demands. Don't go there if you are limited by time. The menu choices are simple and flavourful. One odd addition to the sandwich plates are the processed potato chips…but try the Hibiscus cooler! So refreshing. I'll always go back there.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

First time in Courtenay, our hosts said we had to visit this place at least once. Run by Mennonites using their own produce. Great Deli Rose sandwich with half smoked meat half roast beef, yam curry soup, best coconut cream pie ever, interesting selection of hot and iced teas. Excellent value for money, wonderful ambience and service.