“Done right!”
Review of Chad's West Coast Grill and Bar - CLOSED

Chad's West Coast Grill and Bar
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Stopped here for supper after dropping off son at airport. Great spot with large portions, well presented and best of all - wonderful prices. We lucked in to Wednesday Date Night so our meals were "buy one get second at half price". We had their specials - Beef for me - turkey for my Date. Iced tea to drink tonight as we had to drive 50 kms to get home in Parksville. Very reasonable at under $30 for the two of us and like I said - huge portions.

Local folks were having a good time with local beers all around, so much so that next time we come through we just may stay overnight and enjoy a bottle of wine or something like that.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

3 types of refreshing sangria for hot summer days, excellent pub fare for all the family, great service.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

First time at this Courtenay restaurant, formerly the site of an Appleby's. Great decor, great atmosphere, great presentation, great food! Jambalaya fetuccine with fresh-made sauce, grilled chorizo, big chunks of chicken breast and jumbo shrimp was spicy but not overpowering. I had a burger with pesto, fresh bruschetta and bacon - wonderful tastes lingering on the palate. Quiet (well, it was a Monday night) made for easy conversation. One brilliant addition to the menu: mini desserts! For a minimal charge ($2-3), you get a brownie or your choice of "shooters" of fudge sundae, strawberry cheesecake and chocolate mousse. Perfect end to a lovely dinner out!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband and I often drive thru Courtenay and stopped to try the "old Applebees" restaurant now called Chads.
Excellent greeter who sat us quickly with menus.
Restaurant decor very pleasant and it had a nice,clean,wholesome feel to it.
Servers pleasant and efficient. The menu had plenty of options for all palates. A nice daily feature sheet was also provided.
As we were both trying to be healthy.....my husband had one of the salads with goat cheese and nuts. I was adventuresome and tried an appetizer which was chopped chicken and water chestnuts served wth two sauces. I had a whole half of an iceberg lettuce and had fun making tacos with the lettuce versus a corn tortilla. MUCH healthier and helped my goal of trying to be "wheat free".
Each meal was approx $10. We felt the meal was good and a reasonable price.
Mebbe next time we will try their dinner menu when we pass by next time.
I see they have nightly "specials", so mebbe phone ahead to ask.
Like another reviewer noted "A Pleasant Surprise"

Reviewed May 7, 2013

It's like this. They have a large menu. I've eaten a lot of different of the choices by now. This is one place that my husband and I can both find what we want without compromise. Everything is fresh and good.

My favorites are: fried fish with double cole slaw, a burger if I'm feeling carnivorous (my husband always feels carnivorous), The Asian salad with chicken is a favorite I return to.

Last time we were there (2 days ago) my husband had a featured on tap chocolate porter beer. I stuck with the Ricker's Red ale. Everyone was happy. We go there A LOT!