“Great Service”

Crown Isle Resort & Golf Community
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Our Graham Cooke-designed 18-hole championship golf course is playable for golfers at all skill levels. Perfect for corporate tournaments and groups. Host facility of the Mackenzie Tour - PGA TOUR Canada Qualifying School.
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Just ate in the restaurant once but was awed with the friendly competent service. Regret that I didn't get their names but was told they were sisters...excellent for two very young ladies.
Liked the food but found the variety a little lacking. Pretty slow kitchen as well but the restaurant was packed so maybe one should let this one problem go. Good food when it did arrive though. Service made the difference.

Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Crown Isle in mid January for two nights, our first time there. We had our dog with us and as usual, we paid a premium for having a pet and as usual, got a room with a view of a parking lot. Non pet people always get views of the golf course. Room was large and it was nice to have a living room. The lighting aside from the kitchen was awful. Dingy lit rooms with what seemed like a 15 watt cfl bulb. Dark shades did not help. Thank god I had my headlamp as it was the only way I could read. When I asked someone from maintenance to swing by with a brighter bulb, he informed me BC Hydro doesn't allow them to use brighter led bulbs which was a big fat lie since the kitchen had them. On top of that, he told me to take off the shade and then left and slammed the door. Very rude man who obviously doesn't like dealing with guests. Front desk staff did not seem professional nor did they go out of their way to help. Timber Pub staff was awesome but menu was limited. Average resort with a nice golf course but the rooms and staff need an overhaul. Not worth staying at again, there are nicer places in Comox/Courtenay to stay.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

My wife and played last week and enjoyed our round of golf. Pace of play was excellent, course was in top notch shape and the marshall and other staff were very friendly. The scenery was beautiful. Make sure you check out the largest hanging basket in the world. We will golf there again.

1  Thank Scott N
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Could be a real little hot spot as it has the over all feel of a good pub atmosphere but service and food lacked big time .... Not in a hurray to return anytime soon

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Challenging but fair golf course, great staff and food service, beautiful grounds, well appointed hotel rooms and villas