“good meat good decor”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2014

A modern steak and prime rib place well decorated, but a bit hard to get to. I pressed the wrong button below, there is no out door seating

Reviewed April 5, 2014

We had dinner for four and the experience was so,so. It was my second time here and I doubt I will return. This place really lacks any vibe. The staff overall just didn't have a happy service tone. Not a lot of smiles here. It could be that there is stress in the work environment but it is a service business and the service level was mediocre. It was not that busy at all for a Friday evening.
The food was good but again no one at our table raved about it in any way. Prices didn't equate with the food
This restaurant seems to have a lot of potential the design and décor is nice but everything else overall is lacking

2  Thank islandrockin
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I was excited about visiting the Chop House for lunch, they just started opening for lunch in January and I finally made it. Wonderful lunch, I had a special of prime rib with mushrooms in a sauce on an open bun and a very tasty chili soup with chunks of beef in it rather than ground beef for $9.99. Later I shared a crème brule for dessert. The place was quiet with lots of seating spaced out so that you can have a conversation without shouting at each other, very clean and the washrooms were very nice complete with a fire place. It was a rainy day but the outdoor patio sure looked nice, I will have to return to take advantage of that some day soon.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Lunch was fabulous . I had the seafood chowder and garlic toast, excellent. A seafood sandwich consisting of prawns, scallops and a tasty sauce baked with cheese on top accompanied with a Caesar salad with fresh Parmesan cheese, anchovies and capers. No cutting corners on the salad or sandwich . Excellent food. My sister had the special, a beef chilli soup and a prime rib sandwich. She was very impressed with the food also. Our server, Ryan, was terrific. He explained what was in the salad, soups and sandwiches in such detail, I was amazed at how knowledgable he was of the different foods particulars. Finishing touch, we had creme brûlée . The presentation was spectacular, just wanted to look at it. Served with brown sugared candy design figure on the side with real whipped creme served with a couple strawberries and gooseberry. Delicious !

Reviewed March 22, 2014

First time dining here. We were reluctant to try this restaurant due to mixed reviews but we were very happy with our experience. Our server (Brad) was very charismatic and knowledgeable about the menu options of which there many. The drinks and food were served on time while still allowing for conversation and enjoying the evening, not to mention the steaks were cooked perfectly. Loved the atmosphere and decor, a nice change from most options in this area.
The experience is definitely worth repeating and we would recommend The Prime to our friends and clients in the future.