“ladies night out”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Courtenay, Canada
“ladies night out”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

for the price my dinner was just average. Big compliments to the acoustics. It was easy to talk to all of at the table ( 17 of us )

Visited December 2012
2 Thank David S

British Columbia
“Great experience”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We had heard mixed reviews about the "new kid in town" However from start to finish we had a lovely dining out experience. The building and ambience contributed to a very pleasant evening. Our waitress was attentive without being in our face. I appreciated her double checking to make sure the steak I ordered (med. rare filet mignon)was consistent with the industry standard. It was perfect. The crab cakes as an appetizer were probably the best I have had. Sadly we had no room for dessert. Would I go back? Absolutely.

3 Thank abcamp
Comox
“Certainly Improving From My first Two Visits”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

hAving had two prior really weak expxeriences (food and service) I decided to give it one more try. Had a wonderful waitress, Joey, who was on top of the service--very nicely done cocntrary to very green and inexperienced young people previously. The food was markedly improved albeit still in need of a bit of tweaking--the steak was a bit tough and the bernaise seemed as if it had something not authentic as a thickener. The Prime salad was okay with nice lardons, but really needed more dressing and some crumbled blue cheese to live up to a classic wedge salad.
I must say, however, both the service and the food has improved enough that I will give it another try as I'd really like to see this place succeed.

2 Thank TerriComox
Comox BC
“Disappointing”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We looked forward to the opening of this restaurant mid 2012. The building looked awesome and we were anxious to try it. As I write reviews, I also read them for all restaurants we go to and those were not so good, delaying my initial dining here. We finally bit the bullet on I believe Jan 5th with a party of 6, four adults, a teenager and a child. It's a bullet I won't be biting again until I see a marked improvement in the reviews.

On to specifics: While I can't recall everything ordered, I do remenber this:
Two Prime Ribs ordered, one rare and one medium rare. They arrived looking like steaks - at least 3/4 of an inch thick, little to zero fat (which prime rib should have). They were 'cooked' as ordered but didn't appear to be carved. They looked like kryovac'd meat (like one might get from M+M) rather than meat carved from a large roast. No condiments such as horseradish or hot english mustard were served. We all had to ask for pepper as there was none at all on the table (nor salt for that matter). No gravy or au jus. No Yorkshire. Really?
My husband had a NY steak which he enjoyed. He also had Caesar Salad and a French Onion soup, both of which I tasted and neither blew me away. I can't recall the other orders however I don't think anyone was super impressed.

We ordered our beverages shortly after being seated but they took over 15 minutes to arrive in a restaurant that was not at all busy. We had to ask for everything including ketchup for the french fries the kids had.

In conclusion, there is a lot of work to be done here to justify the prices they charge. Moreover the owner seems disinclined to address issues and improve them. If he wants a giant tax write-off, he should just carry on soing what he is doing as he is paying no attention to the reviews this restaurant is getting.

As Diascott, I would like this venue to continue in the valley but it must drastically improve to get my business anytime soon.

2 Thank WCGal
Comox, British Columbia, Canada
“A night out”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Our waiter, WES, had an excellent 'tableside manner'. The owner was just the opposite. When I asked for baked alaska for desert WES told me they don't serve it anymore. I told him I thought I saw it on the menu when I reviewed it online. Well the owner showed up and he was very patronizing and rude telling me I was on the wrong website and that he did't like my 'tone' of voice!! I don't know how this guy is going to stay in buisness if he treats all his customers that way. The food was mediocre. I have had better at my own table when I cooked it myself!

9 Thank Tom F