“waited to come..”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Well after waiting for a few month(cus usually it takes at least 3 months to settle into a new business) we finally went and had some dinner. Very beautiful building. The feeling was warm and very friendly. It seems that the staff are very young and inexperienced.(takes away from the "in control" atmosphere I'm sure managment would like to have) Would be nice to see more mature staff. Presentation on the food was ok at best. Fingerprints(at least 20) all over the plates. (is white really a good idea?) The steaks are superb and cooked exactly how i wanted. However the Oscar sauce was overcooked. I love the wine list...mmmm. Lots to choose from. I would go again cus it's all about getting better with age..cheers.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

They did a fantastic job building this restaurant, it is gorgeous inside however they seem to have skip out on the staff training. We had probably the worst service I have ever experienced here, our server just didn't have a clue. On the food side of things there wasn't much to brag about either, everything was fairly generic and average at best. I will likely wait 6 months or so before giving Prime another go, hopefully by then they will have sorted out some of there issues.

6  Thank KayComox
Reviewed November 23, 2012

What better way to learn about our newest Comox Valley restaurant than by making a visit! We sat in the bar side and it's just wonderful. I love the wall of wine...it made me thirsty!! The TVs aren't my taste, but hey, I guess this is the modern restaurant. We had attentive and knowledgeable service from our bartender...he mixed some great cocktails and the whole team brought us our dinner. The sirloin streak was tender and tasty, and cooked just perfectly. I had an appetizer of beef fajita for dinner and it was just right. The wine selection is extensive and was priced fairly. I'll be returning for a Christmas party in 3 weeks and I'm looking forward to my next visit.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I have to say that I am not a big fan of red meat as I tend to like it a certain way and am really picky. I had an opportunity to go to the new Prime Restaurant for dinner last night and was not only persuaded to try the prime rib, but even had it medium instead of well done.

It was definitely worth the try!

Not only was the prime rib fantastic, but we had a selection of appies as well that were just as mouth watering! Try the meatball tasters as an appie. They were amazing!

The staff were all so friendly and the building is a gem right in the middle of the city.

I recommend it highly

1  Thank hotchocolate297
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I have now visited Prime a few times, for different purposes (girl’s night out, birthdays, family dinners, work functions). Each time I go it gets better and better! The food is wonderful; the staff is attentive and kind. Kory the owner always is wandering around, checking on drinks, filling waters and chatting with everyone, he does a great job of making you feel right at home. The dining room is great for family dinners (we went with my grandparent-in laws) and they loved the decor and that the food portions were so big. Girls night out is always best spent in the lounge which makes me feel like I am back in the city! I love it loud and bustling busy where people cannot over hear our conversation and we can sit back and chit chat and enjoy many of the delicious appys and pour over the amazing wine list. (Thank You for offering a 9oz glass!) I would recommend Prime to anyone wanting a family dinner to spending time with friends.