“Have a picnic and enjoy the wine”

Beaufort Vineyard & Estate Winery
Ranked #13 of 38 things to do in Courtenay
More attraction details
Owner description: Estate Winery and Vineyard, with a tasting room overlooking the Beaufort Mountain Range. We are open Thurs-Sat, May to August; and Saturdays in September.
Courtenay, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Have a picnic and enjoy the wine”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Jeff and Susan are so friendly and accommodating and you can tell they are proud of their wines. This is a great place to go for a picnic and it's not even necessary to take your own supplies. The winery will provide local cheeses, meats and chocolates for purchase. Their Ortega sells out instantly but it's a great wine if you can get it- perfect for a hot summer day.

Visited June 2013

Courtenay Bc Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Beaufort Winery just keeps getting better and better!”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Beaufort is a small boutique winery in a beautiful setting with views of the mountains across the Comox Valley. The wines, both reds and whites, are consistently winning awards in competitions world wide. Susan and Jeff, the owners, are friendly, informative, and thoroughly committed to making the best wines possible.
Plan on buying a bottle and having a picnic on site! You won't be disappointed. Then take a case home.

Visited September 2012
Vancouver, Canada
104 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“Great selection and wonderful owners”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I had this wine (M&M) in a Courtenay restaurant last fall. On our visit this summer we made sure to go see them. Beware of there limited tasting hours - Friday and Saturday 12-5. Otherwise make the trip!

We sample 2 rose and bought both and then 4 reds. My favourite (besides the M&M) was the L'Artiste. I'm generally not a fan of blends but these ones sure do work really well.

Visited July 2013
comox valley, bc
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“wish they were open more often”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Delicious wines and caring, knowlegable owners. A lovely winery with a stunning view. You can even bring your own picnic and buy some wine and drink it there! The ortega and blanc de noir are gold star winners!

Visited September 2012
Courtenay, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Wonderfull Local Winery”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We have had company from England and as we were eating out more often than usual we tried Beaufort's Pinot Gris in a restaurant. Loved the color ( my wife ) and enjoyed the wine enough that we ordered it 2 more times over the next week in other restaurants. So we decided a visit and taste test was in order. We were greeted by the owners who were pouring for the tasting in a lovely setting and tasting room. I noticed a large picnic area for those who might like to sit outside for awhile. We enjoyed the tasting so much that both I and our company purchased a dozen bottles each. Unfortunately they were out of their Pinot Gris but I put my name on their email list to wait for next years production. I bought 2 bottles of 6 different wines to try them at home. I have tried all but one of them and brought them out with other company and the comments are very good and at first don't believe it is a local wine. We even received some high praise for the Shiraz from a friend who is not a supporter of BC wines. I have tried the Ca Beautage, Meritage, Shiraz, and of course the Pinot Gris and have enjoyed all of them.

Visited June 2012