“nice decor good food”

Dining options: Reservations
Comox, Canada
“nice decor good food”
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

The decor reminds you of being in Thailand. I went for the salad and pad thai lunch combo. It was good but I expected it
to be a bit more peanuty. Cost was good

Courtenay, Canada
“Devine”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I always leave Kinaree feeling satiated. I love the yellow curry and the garlic mussel appy. Friendly service and great food.

Visited November 2012
Victoria, Canada
“Not the best replica of time-honored Thai cuisine”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Over all it was fair, not really good nor bad. Traditional Thai food is not always popular for westerns, thus many restaurants tailor recipes to the Falang (foreigners) taste. We went the first time with a group and were not overly impressed as the food tasted watered down; lacking some punch regarding spice. In fairness we tried it again and well, it was okay, but certainly not anything to rave about. If you don't know Thai food you will probably enjoy, but for the more discerning customers, I would take a pass.

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank jeff n
BC
“Alright, but not amazing..”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I am a Thai food enthusiast, I love it and I make it at home a lot. Kinaree was disappointing to say the least. The server was rude and actually argued with me. The food portions we small and over priced. I do not like carrots in my Thai food, there is no carrots in thai food in Thailand.
I may give this restaurant another chance sometime, but for now I wouldn't suggest it, unless you are desperate for Thai food.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank ILoveSummerSun
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Warm friendly and comfortable atmosphere with you excellent authentic that cuisine.”
Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

I love every second in this restraunt. The staff was among the friendliest of any restraunt I've been to, which is saying a lot because I eat out everyday. I has drunken prawns over steamed rice. There was so much flavor in my dish I was completely amazed. The prawns were perfectly cooked. The seasoning was subtle and exact. Not like some heavy handed places I have been.

I would go back to Kinaree Thai again and again just so I can try their whole menu.