“Warm friendly and comfortable atmosphere with you excellent authentic that cuisine.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kinaree Thai

Kinaree Thai
Ranked #48 of 139 Restaurants in Courtenay
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

I love every second in this restraunt. The staff was among the friendliest of any restraunt I've been to, which is saying a lot because I eat out everyday. I has drunken prawns over steamed rice. There was so much flavor in my dish I was completely amazed. The prawns were perfectly cooked. The seasoning was subtle and exact. Not like some heavy handed places I have been.

I would go back to Kinaree Thai again and again just so I can try their whole menu.

Black Creek, Canada
“Terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

The worse food I ever had. and the place looks like it hasn't been cleaned very well. Very expensive $40 for lunch. Then we had to go for a burger because we were still hungry. i would never go to this place again. Will stick to going to Campbell River ofr Thai food.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Windylake
Vancouver Island, BC, Canada
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

The Kinaree is, simply put, one of the best restaurants in the Comox Valley. The five flavoured chicken is a luxurious dish...multi layered and complex for a reasonable price. I have never been disappointed with the food nor have I been disappointed with the service. The family owner of the restaurant has always made us feel like we were invited into his dining room and the food tastes as authentic as you can get for Thai food here in Canada. The portions are not North American sized but you consistently know what you're getting and the quality of the food is outstanding. Make sure you know what spice level to ask for...Canadian heat is not the same as Thai heat!

Courtenay, Canada
“little gem on the corner....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

My friends and I have been to this restaurant a few times, we keep going back because the food is great! The service is good too. If you like spicy, then you will love the dishes, but you can order less spicy too. Especially love their coconut Thai soup, generous portions. Will keep going back.

• Visited July 2012