“Worst Place ever....”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Courtenay
Arbutus Pacific Hotel
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Courtenay
A TripAdvisor Member
Vanouver, BC
Reviewed March 16, 2004

Booked at the Howard Johnson Courtney Feb 28, 2004. Since I had never been to Courtney I thought I would stay with a chain. since we would be arriving late. Wow what a mistake! First off it was a bad sign when the location was in the old part of the town, then the lobby smelled of mildew, and was filthy. I had my elderly mother with me, so we checked in, and asked about the elevator...they stated it was not working, but they would help us to our room with our bags...was not feeling good about this place but it was late and I thought, well it was just one night....we climbed three flights of stairs, and it was obvious that the elevator had not worked in some time as it was taped closed and the tape was brown with age. We arrived at our room, and opened the door..and you would not believe the filth....the mattress was standing up against the wall and all stained, there was cigarette butts on the floor, as well as trash emptied from a trash can, and the dresser was in the middle of the room with all the drawers pulled out. The clerk apoligized and said she was mistaken and thought the room was made up...needless to stay, we got a refund, and stayed at the Travelodge, that was small but clean, cheaper, and had a great breakfast in the morning.

15  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Courtenay
Best Western The Westerly Hotel
#7 of 9 in Courtenay
Travelodge Courtenay BC
Travelodge Courtenay BC
#6 of 9 in Courtenay

Been to Arbutus Pacific Hotel? Share your experiences!