“Absolutely "oh so yummy!"”

The Hen and Hog Cafe
Ranked #4 of 149 Restaurants in Courtenay
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Oh, so yummy. Oh, so nice. Oh, so one of my favorite places now. The quinoa salad had such a great blending of flavors. I also added some of their homemade hot (not hot, but flavorful) sauce and that just added to the yumminess. My son had the corn stack dish which as a daily special added chorizo-also very yummy. My husband had the BLT. None of us left one bite on our plates! On top of the great food, the people were incredibly kind and engaging. The place was cute and clean. Will definitely go back!

1  Thank Marla M

Reviewed April 30, 2014

I keep hearing about Oh So Yummy's so I decided we had to try it this past weekend. What I heard was right! Their food is 'Oh So Yummy'! We had a great experience. From the moment we walked in the door we were made to feel welcome and comfortable. Kids are more than welcome and recieved extra special treatment. They even bring the kids meal ahead of time so they are not waiting too long. Our meals were very excellent, made with the freshest of ingredients. And nothing is better than a good cup of coffee in a beautiful pottery mug.

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Dave. The owner is one of the most genuine kind hearted people I've ever met. And the hand made food is to die for. Must try the special Benny's. With three types of holly sauce, the food is anything but boring.

1  Thank Katie M
Reviewed March 28, 2014

This tiny little restaurant served up a great breakfast. I had eggs benny with yam and feta and then each had a different bernaise sauce on top. One was chipotle and one was curry. Both delicately flavoured and delicious. The coffee is good and the owner is the server and loves his work, and shows a real interest in the customers.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

great food with a touch of mexican. The corn cakes with eggs and bacon is a great way to avoid gluten. I get beans instead of potatoes with corn tortillas.