“excellent breakfast - I can't wait to return”

The Hen and Hog Cafe
Ranked #4 of 150 Restaurants in Courtenay
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 28, 2014

This tiny little restaurant served up a great breakfast. I had eggs benny with yam and feta and then each had a different bernaise sauce on top. One was chipotle and one was curry. Both delicately flavoured and delicious. The coffee is good and the owner is the server and loves his work, and shows a real interest in the customers.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

great food with a touch of mexican. The corn cakes with eggs and bacon is a great way to avoid gluten. I get beans instead of potatoes with corn tortillas.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

One of the best breakfasts I've had anywhere. Lovingly prepared homemade food streams out if the tiny kitchen and is served by the super friendly owner. It's obvious they really care.

1  Thank Fishhead_9
Reviewed January 29, 2014

My husband has been to this cafe a couple of times so when it was my birthday he asked if i would like to go for brunch. He ordered an omelet and I decided on crepes. The crepes were wonderful with a variety of fresh fruit and whip cream, all gorgeously displayed on my plate. Delicious!! My husband enjoyed his omelet and he said it was awesome. We were served by who I assume is the owner. Great service, warm and welcoming. I would highly recommend this Cafe and am looking forward to our next visit

Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Amazing little cafe! They offer great gluten free options and they make three different types of hollandaise sauce - normal, curry and chipotle (which is amazing).