“Karaoke Sunday”

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Great place to listen to local karaoke singers. The service was on the slower side but the food was very good quality. Would eat here again.

Linda B, Duty Manager at Flying Canoe West Coast Pub, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Erin L.
It is always appreciated when one of our guests takes the time to let us, and their fellow Trip Advisor reviewers, know when they have enjoyed themselves in our pub.

We have a great Karoke Competition going on in The Flying Canoe every Sunday until August 18th with the finals being on August 25th. We would love to see you come down and enjoy the fun!

Reviewed August 2, 2012

great place,, Pizza is hand made and is fantastic great choice to eat and relax. the Bar is extensive list of drinks and fast service.

Linda B, Duty Manager at Flying Canoe West Coast Pub, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear recyclejim,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate that you chose to eat with us and are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at our pub. We certainly hope to see you again soon.
Linda Bigelow

Reviewed July 27, 2012

A group of friends and I were out to the Flying Canoe for the "Best Ceasar in Town" contest as well as the person below and had a very similar experience. Sounds like we were in the very same section at the same time. It was some of the worst service we ever had on every level.
We have been to the Flying Canoe in the past and found the service was very slow whether it is a slow or busy night. I have a feeling that these girls are hired with no experience and very little if any training. Walking by without acknowledgement upon arrival, little menu knowlege, slow food, no check backs until you are finished, other servers will walk by the table 20 times before helping each other or removing plates, you always have to ask for your bill which is usually wrong and there are no appologies for the constant lack of service or mistakes. This is so unfortuante because I'm sure the servers have it in them but they just have no skill as far as I and all the other people I was with, would say. Ambience is a 10 and so is the food but come on, put some effort into your customer service. I was a server for 15 years and I know I wasn't always good but I always believed in team work and looking out for each other. This place needs to take a day or two and teach all this staff how to work together and make happy customers or things will go right down the tubes. We left that night and got some amazing service from one of the girls at the Whistle Stop. We suggested she goes and trains at Flying Canoe. I'd hate to see this beautiful place go under as it has so much potential. Please fix this so we can come back again. At this point we won't be.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

well this is not the place for just one is were you go and sit and have some food and drink and a good time great place to leave all other stuff behind you..

Reviewed June 15, 2012

went with a friend and my husband to see the "best caeser in town" competition. Arrived early enough to get a table but we were invisible to the very young server. The place was busy but it took her 25 minutes to come over and get a drink order from us. We also ordered the chicken wings (which tasted fine) but were dropped off by a porter with no napkins. My husband who came later had to go up to the bar to buy his beer. The server never checked on us and though we told her we wanted to order dinner after our wings. She never, ever came over to us. We had menus on our table. Our drinks were sitting empty for 40 minutes. So was everyone elses' around us She had a full section but absolutely no support and did not know what she was doing. We watched her take one drink order and then go wait at the bar for 10 min, before coming back to her section. We were there for almost 2 hours and made the decision to go home and cook for ourselves. So disappointed in the Flying Canoe. Really, you didn't think it was going to be busy? You gave your least experienced server 10 tables? The F&B manager was sitting with friends enjoying the evening. Hope she was off duty.

1  Thank EatWell2014
Linda B, Duty Manager at Flying Canoe West Coast Pub, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Dear Guest, I'm very sorry to read that we were not able to provide you with the experience you had expected and we apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying.
Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations and to make your experience as positive and memorable as possible.
We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in some way in the future and would like you to contact myself or our Food & Beverage Manager Ben Frank.
Linda Bigelow, Duty Manager