“Breakfast alternative”

Plates Eatery & Catering Co
Ranked #36 of 143 Restaurants in Courtenay
Cuisines: Canadian, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Plates Eatery is a modern full service, family friendly, casual dining spot open for breakfast and lunch 7 days a week from 7 am to 3 pm. Every Thursday night offering our famous Roast Beef and Yorkshire buffet. (From 4:30pm) Our menus (including prices) are on our website.We are fully licensed, have an outdoor patio in good weather, and provide complete off premise catering services.
Victoria, Canada
“Breakfast alternative”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We wanted a quick breakfast that was close to our location. And it met our needs. Service was good. The daily specials were very well priced. The food was tasty.

• Visited January 2014

• Polish first
Victoria, Canada
“Close to hotel”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Family friendly atmosphere, attentive servers. Great little area for kids to play whilst waiting for our food. We'll return again.

Visited October 2012
Duncan, Canada
“Mixed”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I chose to eat here only because I checked out of my previous motel because of the horrible food and treatment at Oh So Yummy. I checked into the Travelodge. This restaurant is right next door. I will give it a mixed review. I ate here twice. The first morning I had a waffle – most excellent. It was one of the best I’ve ever had. The second morning I had eggs benedict. The eggs, ham and English muffin were all fine. The hollandaise was quite strange and really didn't have any flavor whatsoever. The potatoes were horrific. They were those awful tater tot things that you might be able to get your kids to eat but you would never touch yourself. I only ate 1.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Al J
Courtenay, Canada
“Every once in a while I drop in. Nothing much changes.”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I donno. It looks like an old diner - has license plates (hence the name) and old gas station memorabilia. The waitresses look like they came from the Time Machine as well. Alas. Frozen boring fries, pre-fab burgers...etc.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Easygoing-11
Merville
“Great Ruben Sandwich”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Plates makes one of the best Ruben sandwiches we have had anywhere. They are so big my wife and I split one between us.

Visited May 2013