“Classy and Fun”
Review of Island Joy Rides

Island Joy Rides
Ranked #1 of 13 Tours in Courtenay
More attraction details
Owner description: Island Joy Rides is a boutique Vancouver Island bicycle touring company offering premium day and multi-day guided and self-guided cycling experiences. We offer unique vacation packages featuring West Coast culture, seaside routes, wineries, farms, the local food scene, and the natural beauty of our area. Our commitment to small groups and a providing personal, behind the scenes tour guarantees a valued and memorable experience.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We chose the 'Weekend Getaway'. We should have take a week off for this fantastic bike tour. Our hosts were genuinely willing to go the extra mile to provide a service one is bound to remember for ever! You come away feeling really fulfilled. We were somewhat in awe that such effortless service (from our viewpoint) is still available. All you have to do is pick a tour package, email them the your arrival and departure times (if by air) and leave the rest to them. There is a package for every age group. Baby boomers in particular get out there and enjoy!

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Nothing is overlooked on the wine and chocolate day trip in Courtenay / Comox! Little surprises - felt very pampered! You can take it easy or bike hard to work off the treats along the way (before lunch!) as the day finishes - more cold drinks and chilled watermelon to see you off! Thank you Laurel and Sonja for a fabulous day!

Reviewed July 4, 2012

Being a mature rider (meaning old) I was unsure if the 30km ride I was to take part in was going to be too much. It was great! There were lots of stops, lots of care and encouragement. It was a well planned adventure. While I have lived in the area for about twenty years guides John and Chris took the group to places I had not previously visited. All in all a most interesting and rewarding day.
If you use one of Island Joy Rides' bikes you they will make sure that is the right fit for you and the bikes are great.
Do it you will enjoy it!

Reviewed July 4, 2012

My husband and I had never participated in a group cycling tour before, and after the June 27th wine and chocolate tour, we are now converts. We were impressed with the efficient organization, the knowledgable and entertaining guides, and the scenic backroads and lookouts. The wonderful lunch and tour at Blue Moon Winery, and the behind the scenes look at Hot Chocolates were the icing on the cake! Well done, Island Joy Rides. We would highly recommend this tour to visitors and locals alike, as it is a great way to savour the sights and tastes of the Comox Valley.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Last Wed.(June 27) my friend and I had a great cycling trip with Island Joy Rides. Even though I have lived in the Comox Valley for six years I rode through beautiful areas I had never seen. Our guides were fun, knowledgeable and helpful. The lunch at the winery was delicious. All in all a great trip!
Anne