“Great stay”

The Villas at Crown Isle Resort
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Courtenay
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Stayed here for my cousin's wedding. We were in a king jacuzzi suite which was huge. There was a lot of room for our family of 4 in the bedroom. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The rates were reasonable, but we had a reduced rate since we were staying for the wedding. I assume it would be quite expensive at the high season rate.

• Stayed: August 2011

Reviewed June 20, 2011

We once again stayed in the Villas at Crown Isle as part of a business/pleasure trip. We weren't able to golf but viewed the action from our balcony and we were impressed again at the pace of play. It's a beautiful course. Our villa was very nice and the service again was very attentive and professional. However, this time I must say that the food fell flat. One night we dined in the Silverado Dining Room which is a little more high-end than the Timber Room. We found the entrees to be quite bland. For instance, the arctic char was cooked properly but it didn't have much flavour. Furthermore, the sides that are provided for the entrees (at least for the fish) are just kind of weird and not complementary. One of the sides recommended for the fish was a ginger risotto cheese cake. It just didn't go with the fish IMHO. We also ate in the Timber Room and while some of the starters were okay, once again the mains left much to be desired. I had the mushroom ravioli and it tasted like it has been store-bought. Likewise for the sauce. (The lobster ravioli in the Silverado was pretty good though). The halibut was also pretty bland although technically well cooked. It didn't even have a slice of lemon and the wild rice was undercooked. So, while we would likely stay at Crown Isle again, I will not eat there as often and will not buy the dining package.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 28, 2010

My wife and I visited the Restaurant on Thanksgiving Day,They removed their daily menu,so the only option was a Turkey dinner,which was fair to good,depending if you liked turkey or not,I was greatly disappointed in when receiving the bill,i paid with a $100.00 gift voucher,when i received the balance of the gift voucher,i was short $10.04,On the way out,i asked our waiter,what happened?he stated he took that amount as his gratuity,I told him,i did not appreciate that.I emailed Crown Isle twice,have not had a satisfactory answer from the management yet.WE will not be returning to Crown Isle,Check your bill

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
CrownIsle, Director of Sales at The Villas at Crown Isle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2011

Dear Mr and Mrs comoxtravellwer ,

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your expierence with the Silverado West Coast Grill for your Thanksgiving Day dinner. For special occassions we have and do remove the daily menu, and create a Unique Menu to showcase the season or holiday. We will review the comments from the holiday season to see if in the future we should introduce a limited menu with some of our most popular dishes.

We do apologize for the waiter taking his gratuity from the change that was due to you - it is not our policy for this to happen. We have posted a kindly reminder with our policy to all our food and beverage staff so that this should not happen again.

I apologize on behalf the hotel for not responding to any of your emails or requests - and I apologize for being tardy in my response to your experience. I do understand that at time of writing this that we have spoken directly with you and the matter has been handled.

We strive for a high quality of service in all areas of Crown Isle Resort and I hope that you will change your mind and give us another chance to WOW you with our Resort.

Director of Sales

Reviewed September 28, 2010

You don’t have to be a golfer to appreciate the fine accommodations at Crown Isle Resort. In September 2010 most of the FORTified dragonboat team stayed here during the BC Senior Games. For us, having a two bedroom, one bathroom suite allowed for space to gather and nighttime privacy. The bedrooms are small giving more space for livingroom and small kitchenette (microwave, fridge, sink, kettle, dishes, cutlery). The bathroom offered both a deep tub and a shower. There is also a pull out sofa should your needs require. The spacious balcony look out onto the golf course and we appreciated the quiet sea-mist mornings. We ate at the Timber Room Pub and found the food delicious, well priced and the service friendly and considerate. All in all it was a quite perfect stay and there is no hesitation in recommending. (Oh, both our women’s and mixed teams won gold!)

Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 26, 2010

Right from our check-in to our check-out, everything exceeded our expectations. The service was outstanding, the accomodations were beautiful and the golf was wonderful. We really liked the star-light ceiling above the jacuzzi in the master bedroom. The staff was wonderful in every area. We really appreciated the pace of the golf course. We never felt rushed or delayed. We'll be back!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 22, 2010

We were in the area for a wedding in early July. The villa was large and clean. The sofa bed folded up on my mother in the night and so the hotel gave her a cot for the remaining 2 nights. It was very uncomfortable and we were not offered any other option. The tap in the kitchen leaked when turned on. There is no air conditioning. Smoking was permitted on the balconies and because of the heat we had all the windows open and therefor all the cigarette smoke came into our room. I called the front desk and they said that smoking was not permitted but i noticed that all the balconies had ashtrays. This puzzled me. For the above reason I would be extremely cautious about staying here again as I am a non-smoker and was really turned off by cigarette smoke drifting into my bedroom from 7 am until late into the night each day. The food was really good and I would definately dine here again. I might possibly stay during the winter as the windows and air conditioning would not be a factor but only as a last resort.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 16, 2010

We have stayed at Crown Isle on several occasions and have reccommended the resort to friends from the mainland, and they have not been disappointed.
The resort offers a unique room style that is a perfect fit for us. The front desk were terrific, " thank you Natasha", even calling to ask if everything was in order shortly after checking in.
We will continue to frequent this excellent resort every anniversary and in between too!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Courtenay
Old House Hotel & Spa
Old House Hotel & Spa
#1 of 10 in Courtenay
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Courtenay Comox Valley SW
Best Western The Westerly Hotel
Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa
Beach Club Resort - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts
Sunrise Ridge Waterfront Resort

Been to The Villas at Crown Isle Resort? Share your experiences!