Best Western The Westerly Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$84
$79
$100
Anco Inn(Courtenay)(Great Value!)
$77
$218
$212
The Villas at Crown Isle Resort(Courtenay)(Great Value!)
$140
$135
Travelocity
Old House Hotel & Spa(Courtenay)(Great Value!)
$125
$121
Comox Valley Inn(Courtenay)
$66
Travelocity
Port Augusta Inn and Suites(Comox)(Great Value!)
$68
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsnew winggames roomliquor storebest westernsfamily restaurantthe rivercentral locationbuffet breakfastcourtenay bcfront desk staffgreat place to staymain buildingnice roombeds were comfortablepool and hot tubcomox valleyvancouver island
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 10, 2014

staying in the Jacuzzi suite was very plain paying big dollars i was not very impressed compared to others i have stayed in and i always get the Jacuzzi rooms and i wont stay if they don't have one.location not bad did not eat there but the food smelt good but that's only smelling,the front desk was good very friendly.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Managing O, Owner at Best Western The Westerly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Dear Keith J
Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. We appreciate all you comments especially about our fantastic staff!
Your comments regarding the food which not only smells good but tastes great are appreciated. We hope that next time you stay with us you will try some of it in the pub, lounge, restaurant or through room service.
We definitely agree with you that our location is ideal as you can walk almost everywhere in the CBD and to shops, restaurants and river strolls.
We were disappointed that our jacuzzi room wasn't up to your expectations but hope that all the other good things our hotel has to offer fulfilled your stay requirements.
Hopefully you will join us again soon!

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Booked on hotwire, I know that you often get the less desirable rooms in a hotel. I had read reviews saying it was noisy from the nearby bridge. This is true but bearable. But the first night the noise from the adjacent room started at 2:30 am and ended at 5 am. We asked to move if the same neighbours were going to be there the following night. Even with the move we could hear each word of the conversations in the room next door. Not a desirable quality in a hotel room.

Will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else if you require a quiet stay.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Carol L
Thank you for staying at our hotel and taking time to write your comments. We are always trying to improve our product and it is through comments like yours that we continue to learn.
We are terribly sorry for the noise you experienced from your next door neighbour. Some people are not as considerate as others. Our rooms do have sound proofing but for normal everyday sounds and not those in excess.
In the future do not hesitate to call the front desk so the situation can be resolved at the time it is happening. I understand how no one feels like doing that at 2 in the morning however. Our apologies on behalf of your inconsiderate neighbours.
We hope you will give us another chance as we feel we have so much to offer at our hotel.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Stayed for one night for business. The lady at the check in desk was friendly and efficient.

I got a room in the unrenovated building in the back building. After seeing the renovated rooms at the front of the property, I was underwhelmed with the room I recieved. I will say that the river view was nice and it was quiet.

The room was clean but it smelled a bit like old carpet mixed with air freshener... The decor is definitely showing its age, but the bed was pretty comfortable. The bathroom was large, but had a fluorescent light that made a noticeable buzzing noise when it was turned on.

My biggest gripe was with the digital cable receiver. The display was so bright that it basically illuminated the entire room. And despite my best efforts to power it off, it kept coming back on. I eventually had to put a towel over it. Not a deal-breaker by any means, but definitely not something that you'd rather not have to deal with at 2:30 in the morning...

All-in-all, not a bad experience, just kind of average. If I had to travel to the area again, I'd probably give this hotel another try.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear ci1000
First off let me thank you for taking your time to post your thoughts on Tripadvisor.
Your compliment to staff is very much appreciated as they always go out of their way
to please and accommodate our guests.
The newer rooms in the front are premium rooms and can be booked at a higher price. The
choice is yours. Saying that lots of our repeat customers love the older rooms as they are bigger
quieter.
I am sorry you were battling with the cable receiver light! Not everyone is bothered by that but if you are a light sleeper I know what you are saying. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about that and your solution of the towel was brilliant! That is exactly what I do!!
Please come back again and try the new wing. We would love to see what you think.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

I recently to a job here to move away from Alberta and wanted to stay in a hotel before I chose a home. I booked the hotel from Alberta and was offered a reasonable monthly rate. Upon my arrival I was greeted by Tyler at the front desk who was very professional and efficient. I have been here for a month now and my expectations have been exceeded in every category. The staff is extremely friendly and accommodating right from the girls who clean my room everyday all the way up to the owner who is always more than willing to come over for a chat and to see how my stay is going.The staff here don't just go the extra mile, they actually have made me feel at home in an unfamiliar city. The chef is always more than happy to sit and chat with me while I have dinner in the chalk or flying canoe. All in all I highly recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of coming to Courtenay for vacation or business. Not only will you be well looked after but you may make a few friends while you're at it. Thank you so much to all the wonderful people I've had the pleasure of meeting here. Although I've found a place to live here in Courtenay I will be back to visit over and over.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Managing O, Owner at Best Western The Westerly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear Todd A
Welcome to Courtenay! We are so glad you chose our hotel to ease your way into the community.
We were happy to try and work out a monthly rate with you so you could take your time to find where you wanted to live.
You managed to compliment us on all aspects of our operation and we appreciate it. It is always rewarding to know if you are doing a good job.
As you mentioned the staff is so friendly and helpful. We are so proud of all of them. We look forward to your continued patronage in the Flying Canoe and the Chalk Lounge!
Thank you for taking the time to write to TripAdvisor and letting us know how your experience went.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

comfortable hote,l friendly staff and very good location for the ski slopes and ski packages are availables. Indoor pool, sauna and hot tub available, kids loved it. Located close (walking distance) to local restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Leslie R
We are so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us during your ski holiday.
As well as the pool room that you mentioned we also have a games room for the kids. I hope they checked it out.
Our location is second to none. No need for a car to get to the grocery stores, restaurants or shopping or just walking along the river!
Thanks for complimenting our wonderful staff in you review. They get so many compliments and are our best resource.
Thank you for taking the time to write about us on TripAdvisor and we look forward to seeing you and your family in the near future.