“GREATPLACE TO STAY”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Nanaimo, Canada
“GREATPLACE TO STAY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

This hotel is a gem in courtenay. Nice quiet rooms with the most comfortable beds ever! You get a free breakfast coupon and the breakfast was really substantial with lots of choices of hot items and cold with delicious coffee. Great deal all around. Staff were friendly and professional. Liquor store and pub attached to building plus shopping is very close by. I would stay again for sure and would recommend this gem to anyone.

Room Tip: Our room wason the 4th flr on backside of the building.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Linda B, Duty Manager at BEST WESTERN The Westerly Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Dear Guest, I'm so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed the level of service provided by our staff. I look forward to sharing your comments with my team.
Thank-you again for the taking the time to provide us with feedback and we will look forward to welcoming you back to the Westerly Hotel in the future! If I can be of any assistance during your next stay, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Linda Bigelow, Duty Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Salmon Arm, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

Thank goodness we only stayed one night! Our room was dark (decor and lighting) and very dated with an old-style TV, cracked light cover in bathroom, showerhead was insipid and weak. But our biggest complaint was the TV : we'd had a long day, grabbed some cooked chicken over at Safeway and settled in for a nice relax watching mindless TV. HOWEVER.. apparently they had just switched to Shaw, and we could only get 2 movie channels (one being American Classics aka black & white!) and no Pay per View. The other channels were very limited and not according to the Guide provided. The guy at the desk was apologetic, but there was little he could do.
Only good thing was the breakfast - pleasant dining room and good variety of food.

1 Thank bevgosling
Linda B, Duty Manager at BEST WESTERN The Westerly Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay and I apologize that your experience did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations and to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
The hotel has undergone some extensive renovations which also includes new management and our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations and to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

We hope that you will give us an opportunity to deliver a memorable experience in the future the next time you are in the Comox Valley and if I can be of any assistance, please contact me at the hotel.

Edmonton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

Stayed here with my wife and 3 young children. Stayed in the 'back' building. $159.99 Canadian Dollars per night Suite-2 Queen Beds and pullout. This Suite was a corner room and had a fridge, microwave, sink, 2 bathrooms, 2 large flatscreen tv's, two balconies. Was really nice room for the price. Included Wifi, breakfast, and parking. iHome (ipod docking) alarm clock, very nice bathrooms.

This is a larger complex with many amenities. There is a lounge on site (which I did not visit) that has pool tables. Pool was somewhat small. Staff were ok, but not the friendliest guy at the front counter, maybe just an off day. Didn't even mention the games room for kids, which I only found out about after checking trip advisor (after our stay =( )

There was a wedding party at the hotel the night I stayed so it was really busy and it was hard to find parking even though the lots were big.

Front desk called my room about an hour after check in (maybe 8pm) and said there was a noise complaint !?!? I asked the lady if she was sure she had the right room. "oh yeah its the right room" Well, it was just my wife and I unpacking and our 3 young children watching some treehouse on the tv. She then apologized and asked if I heard any noise, I'd been so busy with unpacking and getting freshened up that I had not noticed anything. However, 30 min later, I did notice some loud pounding, jumping around, coming from upstairs. I called front desk back to let her know that I think the complaint was actually ment for those above me, but she dismissed it as the complaint came from below me and "they would never be able to hear that coming from 2 floors up". At any rate, it didn't matter to me and I wasn't about to argue.

We slept fine, kids enjoyed their tv while parents enjoyed their own private adjoining room. This is a really really great hotel.

Continental breakfast was awesome, lots of hot choices, buffet style in a very nice large banquet room. No problem for seating, staff clears your table etc, very very nice.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone, kids or not.

Room Tip: go for the corner suite in back building.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest, I'm so pleased to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed the level of service provided by our staff. I look forward to sharing your comments with my team!
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of our hotel. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome your family back to our hotel.
Summerside, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

The hotel is in a central location near restaurants, shopping and the water. My husband and I have stayed here several times, to visit family, in the past and are always received by very friendly front desk staff. Our room was very nicely appointed with two very compfortable queen-size beds and a view of the river from our balcony. Housekeeping provided great service in keeping the room very clean. Our stay included a decent buffet breakfast. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time in providing us with valuable feedback after your stay. Our guest comments are used as a tool to determine areas in which the Hotel can improve.
We appreciate the positive comments that we receive from guests and share these with our staff who deserve a pat on the back for a job well done! We pride ourselves in helping make our guest’s experience a positive one and to consistently anticipate their needs.
Thank-you again for the taking the time and we will look forward to welcoming you back to the Westerly Hotel in the future! If I can be of any assistance during your next stay, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Richmond, British Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

We arrived at the hotel after cycling 110km from Nanaimo. The hotel staff greeted us warmly and checked us into a nice room (king bed) on the main floor (room 330). There was no issue with us keeping our bikes in our room. The pub attached to the hotel was great for a nice steak dinner and karaoke night (Sunday). The room was very clean and the king bed was very comfortable. A hot breakfast buffet is included. Scrambled eggs, sausage, fruit, yoghurt, cereal and make your own waffles were some of the items available. Highly recommend for business travellers and families. The property is close to a great paved river path perfect for running and cycling.

Room Tip: Room 330 was accessible without an elevator, great for us with our bikes. The vending machine and i...
1 Thank Erin L
vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

stayed overnight on our way up for a fishing trip, the new section of the hotel is great worthy of a deluxe rating, most comfortable bed I have ever had in a hotel of this caliber. I can't really comment on the original section of the hotel but can guarantee that the cost to upgrade to the new section is worth it. Easy to find convenient location, attached restaurant makes a decent pizza and good pub food, complimentary breakfast had everything you need to start your day off right. Would not hesitate to stay again when I am back up this way

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Victoria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

I stay at this hotel regularly when I travel to Courtenay for business. The hotel is centrally located - a 5 minute drive to most places in town and close to shopping.

The rooms are always spotlessly clean and the beds are very comfortable. The linens are especially wonderful - luxurious soft cotton with a high thread count - so cozy. Lots of pillows to relax on - do I have to go to work in the morning!?

Breakfast is also included and the restaurant offers the best selection of fresh food considering this feast is included in the price of the room.

Looking forward to more stays in this comfortable haven away from home!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time in providing us with valuable feedback after your stay as our guest comments are used as a tool to determine areas in which the Hotel can improve.
Linda Bigelow
Also consider these accommodations in or near Courtenay
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Courtenay Comox Valley SW
Travelodge Courtenay BC
Travelodge Courtenay BC
#6 of 9 in Courtenay
Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa

Been to BEST WESTERN The Westerly Hotel? Share your experiences!