We really needed a relaxing get-away and the Kingfisher certainly provided it. My husband is very hard to please - love him, but bit of a downer sometimes - but he thoroughly enjoyed the stay & left all worries behind, which is what I was shooting for.
- Friendly front staff
- Relaxed atmosphere
- Spa's hydropath (take your hubby...it's nice to do together)
- The Walk (pick up a map at the lobby......"just to let you know there was a bear sighted there on Aug 31st and he was quite aggressive". So off we went, scared ----less we'd run into it, but excited we might. Go figure. Alas, tho', no bear. Lovely walk - takes about an hour.)
- Excellent food. The Baby Cortez Island oysters were delicious and our steaks were perfectly done. And the breakfasts.... Mmmmmm. Get the package that includes them.
- The fresh air wafting off the ocean.
- The view. No mind looking over the flat roof of the lower suites. The driftwood strategically placed on it is kind of funky.
- Gardens are lovely.
- Driftwood art scattered about.
- Wireless internet (for those like me who can't fully let go)
- The heated bathroom floor.
- Quiet and peaceful.
- The rooms are non-smoking, but all have ashtrays on the decks. We often had to shut the sliding glass doors facing the beach because someone would come out on a deck close by and light up. It was extremely annoying.
- It's pricey. The 2-day Hydropath package, which included a dinner and 2 breakfasts, plus an extra day was near $1000.
We stayed a day longer than planned & we so relaxed we didn't care about the price, so that about sums up how much we enjoyed it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kingfisher Oceanside Resort & Spa. Warm hospitality. Full service spa including the Pacific Mist Hydropath(R). Exceptional service. Be yourself. Be pampered. We'll take care of the rest... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kingfisher Oceanside Hotel Courtenay
- Kingfisher Oceanside Resort And Spa Courtenay, Vancouver Island, Canada