“Wonderful place to relax and be pampered”

Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Courtenay
“Wonderful place to relax and be pampered”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

My sister and I took my mom here for a treat for Mother's Day. We just stayed the one night and the room has two double beds so we had enough room for the three of us. We had massages and hydrotherapy sessions the afternoon of our arrival. Laura was the massage therapist and she was excellent and very knowledgable . The flowers and gardens were lovely even though it rained. I have been here before when it was sunny and hot and it really is a wonderful place. We ate in the restaurants and had a great meal as was the breakfast. I saw eagles in the morning and all in all it was a great trip. It is a small place and I hope it stays this way.

Room Tip: Our room was 202 ,good view of the ocean and lovely gardens
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Kyla T, Manager at Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Thank you midnitewind for your recent review of your stay with us. We are pleased that you had a wonderful time to relax and that you felt pampered! Wonderful news that you had your mom and sister with you to celebrate Mother's Day despite the rain. Our gardens are lovely and known on the island for its beauty! Thank you for taking the time to review our property and we look forward to welcoming you back again and again!

The Kingfisher Leadership Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

I came here for a girls spa getaway. The rooms are very nice. The spa is not as luxurious as some but it is still great with prices that are some of the most affordable for the value you receive on the island. The hydropath is one of the top things to do on Vancouver island in my opinion. The staff are very friendly and I plan on returning for sure.

My only issue with booking this hotel is that they had taken to large of a deposit of my credit card then sent it back then tried to take the right amount all without communicating with me which caused a great deal of stress upon check in, where the front desk had only received a message that I paid no deposit and I was not made aware of any of this. All of this could have been dealt with promptly if they had just communicated with me the week prior when it happened. I'm sure this isn't a common occurrence.

Room Tip: The ocean view rooms are lovely
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Gypsy_Soul432,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us for your girls spa getaway! We concur that our signature service, the Pacific Mist Hydropath is amazing. Thank you for letting us know that you found our staff to be very friendly and that you will be back. I have reviewed your comments with our team regarding the stress you felt at check in and I want to personally apologize for any inconvenience that you may have felt. You are correct that this isn't a common occurrence but one that we can learn from and moving forward will not be repeated. Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to welcoming you back again!!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

The Kingfisher is our favorite place to spend all of our special occasions. We are local to comox but we make our getaway to this beautiful spa.
We had the most memorable wedding in their stunning restaurant. The staff is truly amazing and went above and beyond to treat everyone like family on our special day.

Owning our own catering company we are passionate about food and we are impressed and inspired whenever we dine at The Breakwater Restaurant. The serving staff are knowledgeable, caring and efficient.
Recently we experienced the loss of our child and The Kingfisher reached out to help us heal our broken hearts. They treated us to their hydropath, which really helps to cleanse the soul. We were able to reminisce about our wedding, relax in their most picturesque room, the grand pacific, and take time away from home which is what we really needed.

It is truly a home away from home and its the people that make this place so wonderful.
We thank everyone there for caring so much, you have no idea how much it meant to us.
Lots of Love
The de Ridders

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lena d
Dear Lena D!

Thank you for such a touching review of your last stay with us. We are a family business so I am glad that you felt like family especially after such a tragic loss in your own family. The Comox Valley is such a magical small town and when we heard about your loss we all felt that we needed to get you both here to start the healing process. We all are still sending healing thoughts to you and your family and wish nothing but the best for you both. Take care Lena, we are here if you need anything.

Warmest regards,

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

I stayed at the Kingfisher for a relaxing "girls getaway" with one of my very good friends. We each got the "It's All About You" package deal and stayed for 2 nights. The deal was fantastic, excellent value. If you're thinking of staying here be sure to check their website deals first, they offer great packages. We upgraded to a Beachfront Luxury Suite and stayed in the Chinook room.
We arrived on Friday, checked in and basically went straight to our first complimentary yoga class after dropping our stuff off in the room. It was the best way to start the weekend, a calm gentle yoga class in a comfortably warm room. The instructor was great. Thoroughly relaxed and stretched ;) we went back to the room and changed into our bathing suites to get some hot tub time in before dinner. The hot tub was very hot, almost too much for my friend but I found it fine. The pool is a wonderful temperature for comfortable swimming year round. Like slightly cooled bath water, warm and inviting. The steam room and sauna are also in the pool area, which is off the spa building. We used every one of those amenities multiple times with no complaint. The steam was the best, the scent it with eucalyptus and it's got seating that looks like stone. They keep an ocean theme throughout the building, so expect to see seashell patterns and starfish everywhere.
Dinner on both nights was amazing. One night we split a few appys and had wine, the second we opted for entrees (and more wine of course). The wine selection is small but nice, with affordable options. Our food was very good, no complaints. Service at the restaurant was great, it seemed to be a theme throughout, I don't think we experienced poor service once.
Saturday we did the hydropath and got our spa services. The hydropath experience was amazing! I would do that over and over if price wasn't an consideration. I got a facial and the service was great. My skin was clean, calm and glowing afterward. My friend got an express facial and massage. She said her express facial was not worth the price, but loved her massage. My only criticism for the spa is regarding their change rooms and lounge area. The Kingfisher charges high end spa pricing, and the services were in line with that but not the spa decor and ambiance. The change room amenities could have been a bit better (they had Kirkland body lotion and some q-tips, that's it. Most spas I've been too offer a more luxurious spa brand body lotion, hair touch-up products, even disposable razors and mouthwash etc. There are three lounge areas, only one worth "lounging" in. That's the room with the beach style lounge chairs and ocean view. The other lounge areas had uncomfortable seating. It could have used some dimmer lighting, better more inviting seating, and even some small complimentary snacks like a fruit bowl, trail mix etc. Nothing extravagant, just something to nibble on with your tea and seating that let you lounge and read a magazine etc. Part of the spa experience is stretching out the down time before and after your service, and I just preferred to go back to my room.
There were a couple of mishaps on the last day, our room key wouldn't work repeatedly and our food arrived incredibly late (we waited almost 45 min for our brunch). Both of these situations were handled incredibly well by the resort staff, without us even having to ask.
I have no complaints regarding our rooms, they were clean, comfortable bedding, well stocked coffee/tea, a little fridge so you can bring your own food if you wish, a gas fireplace and heated floors in the bathroom. The outside of the resort looks a bit dated but we didn't care, the price is so good that we really couldn't complain.
Overall I would definitely return for another weekend away. Wonderful service from staff, beautiful ocean view, great food and amazing hydropath.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you Caribbean_Zingara for such a wonderful and honest review of our Resort. We are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you took the time to review our property. We have shared your review with our Spa Management Team as you had some valid concerns that we will be addressing and implementing some of your suggestions. We are sorry that you had some issues with your room key, and your wait for your brunch however great news that we were able to recover your issues without you even asking!! We thank you again and we all look forward to welcoming you back to experience another wonderful relaxing getaway!!

Salt Spring Island, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

My husband and I felt the need to get away and relax, so we decided to book the 'Sleep, Savour and Spa' package at the Kingfisher. Our room, although a little out-dated, was clean and comfortable, with a lovely view of the ocean.The Hydropath spa experience was fantastic and so relaxing; we wanted it to go on longer! Dinner in the restaurant was superb, with cheerful servers and delicious fare. Staff were helpful and friendly. We had such a wonderful time that we ended up staying another night, enjoying the calm atmosphere. Having access to the pool, steam, sauna and hot tub added to the pleasure of it all.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anne G
Dear Anne G,

We are thrilled you enjoyed your last stay with us and were able to escape and enjoy our beautiful property. We agree our signature service the Pacific Mist Hydropath is relaxing and that every guest should enjoy it at least once during their stay with us. Wonderful news that you extended your stay and spent some more relaxing time with your husband. We agree our Breakwater Restaurant has amazing cheerful servers and "delicious fare". Thank you for such a nice review, we look forward to welcoming you both back again soon!

Vancouver Island, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

I stayed at the KingFisher for my first time a few weeks ago and from what I had read on many sites I was hesitant to stay. As I arrived instantly I was greeted with smiling faces all over the whole resort, I arrived early and passed many staff members on my way down to my room at the water front. The maid staff greeted me as I walked by and asked if I needed any help with my stuff (very nice) my whole stay I was continuously smiling with great conversation from the restaurant to the front desk.
I didn't do many spa services except one massage which I will return for again, the woman knew her stuff and definitely cared about making me feel good. Everyone in the spa was friendly and it was very calm and relaxing. Could use a bit more privacy in change rooms.
My room was absolutely gorgeous and when I got maid service I couldn't believe how quick it well done it was. I left my room for about an hour and had returned to a freshly cleaned room. The best part is they noticed what I had used more of and stuff an extra tea and lotion in the room. You could tell they were interested in keeping the customer happy.
I wish I could have personally shook the chefs hand, dinner was absolutely fantastic. The restaurant staff was quite friendly as well though the evening I put my old room service tray out and called the number no one came, (but the maid removed the tray the next morning)
Overall the KingFisher is doing an excellent job, hats off to the staff for such great service and being so friendly.

Room Tip: The Suites, Upstairs, Corner rooms are full of windows, great view.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Dear Jamie T,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We are thrilled you experienced our amazing guest service throughout our resort. We strive to exceed every guests expectation and it is wonderful to hear that you felt that during your first visit with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again. Thank you Jamie T, thank you from the "Friendliest Place on the Island".

Vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

We decided to spend a couple days at the Kingfisher for my wife's birthday. The resort is a calm oceanfront oasis with a caring staff. The resort has a modern rustic flavor, with a great energy. It's not opulent or upscale, but comfortable with spectacular ocean vistas from our upgraded Oceanside suite. The price is reasonable and the spa offers everything you could hope for. All in all, a relaxing and rejuvenating spot on Vancouver island.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Kyla T, Manager at Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Dear Sixweeks,

Thank you for your review of your stay here at the Resort. We are thrilled that you had a relaxing getaway. I have shared your review with our team and everyone was touched that you felt cared for by our amazing staff. We are caring! We love our jobs and love taking care of our guests. From our Front Desk Team, Housekeepers, Restaurant staff and of course the Spa Team, we thank you for your review! We are the lucky ones! Until next time, take care.

Warmest seaside regards,

The Kingfisher Leadership Team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Courtenay
Old House Hotel & Spa
Black Rock Oceanfront Resort
Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa
Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa
#1 of 4 in Central Saanich

Been to Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!