My husband and I were engaged at the restaurant overlooking the ocean at the Kingfisher resort. I was aware of the spa as I had visited previous for a pedicure and while it was enjoyable I found it to be overpriced.
For christmas I was given a gift certificate to the Pacific Mist Hydropath. During the month of December they had a deal where, if you visited the spa during weekdays, the hydropath was buy one get one free. My husband and I decided to take advantage.
We were only able to get an appointment early in the morning so we arrived at 8:30 AM so we could use the hottub and pool beforehand.
The spa experience itself was quite nice. Basically you start out in the lounge and then you're shifted from station to station by a spa tech. You start out in a hottub that has a number of different jet settings to massage different parts of your back. You continue through the stations (glacier waterfall, a number of different kinds of waterfalls, a salt bath soak, a steam room, etc and eventually end up in your own little tub with this really nice sea salt scrub. Throughout the spa tech ensures you have a nice cool cloth to put on your face and she tops up your water glasses. The total time I would suggest devoting to the whole thing is 2 hours. Its very relaxing, if you can plan to do nothing afterwards I suggest you do!
-Go pee immediately before heading into the lounge area.
-Dont go in if you are hungover, pregnant or have high blood pressure or claustrophobia. The hydropath area is closed in and the varying temperatures may trigger the above noted ailments!
- Drink the water provided- it keeps you hydrated!
- Get the eucalyptus in the steam cave- very nice.
- ensure that if you are taking advantage of any of the deals offered at the spa you mention it to them at the time of booking AND when you go to check out/pay otherwise they not acknowledge the "deal" and will try and charge you accordingly. They did this to me but I mentioned to the lady that we were told it was a two for one deal and she adjusted it accordingly.
- Remember to leave a tip when the service is good!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kingfisher Oceanside Resort & Spa. Warm hospitality. Full service spa including the Pacific Mist Hydropath(R). Exceptional service. Be yourself. Be pampered. We'll take care of the rest... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kingfisher Oceanside Hotel Courtenay
- Kingfisher Oceanside Resort And Spa Courtenay, Vancouver Island, Canada