“Absolutely Amazing!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Courtenay
Canton, Ohio
“Absolutely Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

I am going to start this review by stating that there is absolutely no way I will be able to describe what an amazing time my husband and I had at this beautiful resort. With that being said....
We spent a portion of our honeymoon at this resort and we were beyond delighted with everything. We stayed in an Eagle Suite on the second floor. It was phenomenal! The bed was comfortable with a gorgeous view from the bedroom. The wrap-around windows in the main room provided us with a spectacular view. My husband and I loved sitting on our balcony while watching bald eagles fly all around the property. We loved having our kitchenette allowing us to bring in some food, cook, and dine outside on our balcony. The wi-fi was also a huge plus.
We decided to enjoy the Hydropath service at the spa and I will say that if you do not give this service a try, no matter what kind of "spa-skeptic" you may be, you are crazy. My husband and I enjoyed the path together and we have never been so relaxed! Our guide was so friendly and patient providing us with everything we needed every step of the way. This is an absolute must while staying at the resort.
We had a quick bite during the "lounge menu" hours at the restaurant. Everything was delicious and we enjoyed sitting outside and enjoying to gorgeous weather. Our server was very attentive and friendly and she timed our meal perfectly. Wish she could have sat down and joined us for a cold beer!
The staff was beyond accommodating and super friendly. We had mentioned that we were on our honeymoon and the lovely lady who helped us at check-in sent an adorable arrangement of chocolates to our room - so thoughtful, thank you!
We were so bummed when we had to leave, but spent the first hour of our car drive planning our return trip. We cannot wait to return and will most definitely recommend the Kingfisher to friends and family traveling to the area.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We spent an idyllic 2 nights at this resort. Our room faced the ocean and Comox Bay. Beds and linens were very comfortable. Starbucks coffee for the in-room brewer plus real cream in the bar size fridge made us happy risers in the mornings. Staff were friendly and helpful; found us a secure room for storing our bikes. We had a spa hydrotherapy treatment and really enjoyed it. We thought the restaurant looked awesome but the menu was pretty pricey, so we found great food in local pubs and restaurants. We would definitely return to this peaceful, beautiful resort.

Room Tip: We really liked our ground floor room because we could move the outdoor furniture into the sunny gra...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Nanaimo, BC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

For Christmas, my wife gave me a one night + spa gift through Travelzoo. We finally went yesterday. I'm not a spa/massage guy, so we did the Hydropath spa. What an experience!! We were absolutely pampered and were super relaxed after the hydropath. Melanie was great. There were a couple of young people in front of us and they were a bit noisy, so she held us back (at least that's what we think :)...what a treat. We really enjoyed ourselves.
Cant' wait to go again.

Room Tip: The oceanview rooms are nice, but balconies are open to each other so not private. Next time we will...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for two nights mid-week while attending a family gathering in Fanny Bay nearby. It was our first stay at this resort. We enjoyed it and wouldn't hesitate to return.

The property is located off the Island Highway about eight kilometres south of Courtenay. Rooms are in two sets of two-storey buildings overlooking a bay — one set just off the beach and the other higher up and in back of the first. All appear to offer at least some ocean view. We stayed in a second-floor room in the back series of buildings, which gave us a view of the bay along with the Kingfisher's garden and pool area. All we saw of the beachfront building below us was the roof, which we initially mistook for beach.

Being light sleepers and having slept poorly at other motels the previous two nights, we were in need of quiet and a good night's sleep, and we got it here. Our room had a door to an adjoining room, and we could hear our neighbour's TV on our arrival after 9:30 p.m. However, they turned their TV off around 10:15 p.m. and we heard nothing from any of our neighbours after that. The Kingfisher's guest book mentions a policy of quiet hours between 10 p.m. and 8 a.m. I don't know how many guests are actually aware of the policy, but it seemed to be respected during our stay even though occupancy was high. In fact, the whole atmosphere at the resort is one of relaxation and serenity. The bed in our room was very comfortable, and we slept at least as well as we do at home.

Our room had complimentary Wi-Fi, robes and in-room Starbucks coffee (best coffee we've ever had in a motel; usually, the coffee supplied by motels is undrinkable). A hair dryer was attached to the wall in the bathroom. Ours didn't work. I dropped by the front desk to ask for a portable hair dryer and was barely back in our room when it was delivered to us.

The Kingfisher has a restaurant, spa, heated outdoor pool, hot tub, sauna and gym. We didn't make use of any of those facilities, so I can't comment on them, but we hope to try them on a return visit.

Port Moody, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were there for 2 nights (I wish it had been more), I enjoyed the Water Path and the massage was terrific, We didn't try the restaurant this time, but I heard from friends that it's their favourite place for special occasions. We look forward to going back.

Room Tip: Some rooms would likely be better than others, for example the top floor. If desired, ask for a room...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

I must admit, I had very high expectations going to stay at the Kingfisher, I have a co-worker who had stayed at the property several times and always comes back raving about it. So I was pretty excited to finally book my stay.

On every level, my expectations were exceeded! From check-in (Kyla, thank you so much for welcoming us into the resort, you were wonderful) to check -out, every staff member we encountered was super friendly and very professional. You can tell these people enjoy working at the resort and are treated well.

My girlfriend and I had to try the Hydropath which we had heard a lot about. Its a series of water treatments in succession that help relax, sooth and pamper you. It's like nothing I've ever seen before and really worth it to do it. It takes approx. 1 hour and you feel amazing at the end of it.

We had a romance room that faced the ocean. Our view was a completely unobstructed and incredible view of the ocean and the Sunshine Coast Mountains. We enjoyed wine in our robes on our balcony in the wood deck chairs. The room itself was large, spotlessly clean, had a jacuzzi tub and a shower with two shower heads.

Needless to say, we highly recommend this hotel/resort. Without a doubt they are blessed with incredible geography which adds to the experience, but the facility, staff and amenities make this a top drawer location.

Kingfisher, we will be back.

Make a dinner reservation as the restaurant is incredible, I'm going to write a separate review for it as it deserves it.

Room Tip: Its really worth the extra to get an Ocean view. This is a special piece of property that is truly b...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Natasha R, General Manager at Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
I am thrilled to hear that your high expectations of the Kingfisher were exceed Rob C! Between our stunning location, unique Hydropath service, and amazing food in the Breakwater Restaurant, we are certainly set up for success. Our team at the Kingfisher is what sets us apart and offers our guests truly memorable experiences. It is the highlight of my day to read the glowing reviews about our Resort and the team who work here.

Thank you for your comments and review. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again very soon.

All the best,
Natasha Richardson
Auburn, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

This is a true dream-come-true. As a disabled traveller , it's a challenge to find an accessible place that offers a really memorable experience. Kingfisher pulls it off. We enjoyed an Orca suite, a ground-level one bedroom unit just up from the beach and walking trail. The room was fantastic, fully loaded with a kitchen and accessible bathroom. Heat comes from a gas fireplace, and there are two flat screen TVs if you grow tired of the calm, relaxing views of Georgia Strait (very unlikely!). The spa has all the usual services, which my wife really enjoyed, and there's both a free exercise room and free WiFi if you need it. There is also a superb dining room with gourmet meals and a Sunday brunch that's worth changing your schedule to enjoy. Lots of different types of smoke salmon highlight the brunch. The surrounding communities are wonderful, and the people are relaxed and friendly....I think they enjoy living there even more than we enjoyed visiting. The Kingfisher staff was great...friendly and ready to please. The quality of the resort was incredible. The best rooms are a bit pricey but impossible to beat for a memorable experience. There are also some less costly suites that are still wonderful and offer incredible ocean views. We'll be back

Room Tip: If you can afford it, get a lowr level, beach front room. The gentle waves lapping below your window...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Steve K
Natasha R, General Manager at Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Your review, Steve K, makes me want to visit the Kingfisher but I fortunately have the pleasure of enjoying that amazing view every single day. I am delighted to read that your experience with us was so special and our staff really do love to please. We look forward to welcoming you back to visit us again very soon!

All the best,
Natasha Richardson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Courtenay
Old House Hotel & Spa
Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa
Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa
#1 of 4 in Central Saanich
The Villas at Crown Isle Resort

Been to Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!