We stayed at this resort as we were going to a wedding during the holiday weekend. From the moment we arrived we were warmly greeted by the front desk and all staff we encountered with during our stay, from housekeeping, dining and spa seemed genuinely attentive and happy to be at work. We noticed that this resort was awarded one of the best work places and it certainly shows. The grounds of the resort are beautifully maintained and the views of the ocean from the rooms are lovely. Our room was on the second floor, coffee and tea and a small fridge was nice to have. All rooms on the second floor have lovely views of the ocean and the only negative I would have to say is that the patios are very close together and there is no privacy from adjoining units, so that you can look into your neighbor's unit and hear everything they are saying if you are on the patio. The management probably didn't want to put any barriers up so that everything is open and everyone can enjoy the view, so I don't know what else they can do to remedy this situation. We did the Pacific Mist Hydropath, which they are well known for. Both my husband and myself found the treament refreshing and relaxing and would definitely recommend it for something unique. We ate at the restaurant one night for dinner and for the Sunday breakfast buffet. Both meals were excellent and we felt very reasonably priced. The Sunday breakfast buffet had a wonderful assortment of hot and cold foods, seafood, fruits and cereals and is well worth the price. The resort caters to adults and even though we saw a few children, there is not much for children to do there. Atmosphere is relaxed and you are encouraged to even wear your bathroom from the spa for your meals in the dining room if you wish. The resort is pretty quiet after 10 pm
Would definitely go back if the opportunity arises!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kingfisher Oceanside Resort & Spa. Warm hospitality. Full service spa including the Pacific Mist Hydropath(R). Exceptional service. Be yourself. Be pampered. We'll take care of the rest... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kingfisher Oceanside Hotel Courtenay
- Kingfisher Oceanside Resort And Spa Courtenay, Vancouver Island, Canada