“Good enough!”

Travelodge Courtenay BC
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Courtenay
Reviewed September 12, 2012

The staff were pleasant and very accommodating. The rooms are small but clean. There is road noise as it's on the main route. The breakfast was very good. Would stay there again.
Come on Trip Advisor, why do we need 200 characters?

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Salim R, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Courtenay BC, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

We thank you for taking the time to review our property. We strive to make everyones stay enjoyable and comfortable. We do have larger rooms with 2 Queen beds at the back of the property away from the road. Sincerely, Tansy Pauls, Front Desk Manager

There are newer reviews for Travelodge Courtenay BC

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Nothing fancy here, small rooms, small windows, on a Main street but most Motels in Courtenay are like that. I am here for a month and traveling with a dog so I find the small dark rooms inconvenient but would be fine for a short stay. There is even an outdoor pool for the summer season. If you travel with electronic toys an extension cord would be useful. The wifi signal, at least at the front of the motel, is very strong.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Salim R, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Courtenay BC, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2012

We thank you for your review. Our staff strive to make everyone feel welcome and comfortable. We do have 3 pet friendly rooms available our larger Kitchenettes.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

I always stay here when I overnight in Courtenay. it is clean, quiet, safe, has a reasonably good breakfast, walking distance to adequate restaurants so I don't have to drive unless I want something a little nicer for dinner. The pillows are on the flat side, they don't provide kleenex, and the toilet paper is of the cheapest, roughest variety, however for the price it is excellent value. On my last stay the maids did not close the door firmly enough for the latch to engage, so anyone could have gotten into my room, as I did when I returned, just by pushing the door open. Fortunately there was no such intrusion, so the next day i put th do not disturb sign on the doorknob when i went out. One of the front desk staff is rather officious and uncooperative, but if you ask to see the manager you get good service. The other staff all seem quite nice.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Salim R, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Courtenay BC, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Thank you so much for your review. Our staff take pride in what they do and stive to make guests stays enjoyable.
Tansy Pauls
Front Desk Manager.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised - nice sized room, firm mattresses, very clean and the continental breakfast was convenient for early start in the morning. We were only there during the nights on a weekend, and our room was at the back of the motel so can't speak to the road noise.....our spot was quiet! Will definitely stay there again next summer.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We strive to make all guests feel welcome and comfortable.
Tansy Pauls
Front desk Manager

Reviewed May 27, 2012

My son recommended I stay at the Travelodge in Courtenay while attending an Air Force reunion. I can honestly say that this had to be the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed at in my life! The front desk clerks were extremely helpful and attentive. Every staff member that I spoke with was welcoming and friendly. The breakfast was great and plenty of room to sit. I will definitely be staying at this hotel again. Good rates, good location, spotless room, and free wifi to boot. What more could a person want!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Salim R, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Courtenay BC, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

Thank you for your Review. Our Staff strive to make sure that your stay is both comfortable and welcoming. We look forward to hosting you again at our Motel.

Reviewed March 26, 2012

Average "motel" with uncomfortable beds and sheets making for a horrible sleep. reasonable priced for the area though.
Accidentally left an iphone cord/charger behind (yes, I'm positive I did) I called to check if it was found, and had to wait a while for a call back just to find out it wasn't there. Likely taken by housekeeping staff. Make sure you have all you came with when you check out!!!!!

Room Tip: There is no better than the rest
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Salim R, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Courtenay BC, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2012

Thank you for your review. All items that are found in rooms are brought to the Front Desk to be logged. We have tons of Cell Phone Cords that have been left behind and turned in. I am sorry that they did not find yours.

Reviewed February 22, 2012

We stayed at this hotel while visiting Mt. Washinghton Alpine Resort. The typical motel configuration (rooms facing outwards) does make the difference because the hotel is located in one of Courtenay's busiest streets and you can hear it all the time. In addition, if you are staying in the second floor, be advised that the floors are very noisy and even people walking slowly and aware of the noise will probably wake you up. Of course, it did not help we were one night with a noisy group of teenagers from a school trip that made one of the nights a sleepless one.
Other than that, the rooms are clean and everything was in order. The continental breakfast was quite good and, most of all, kudos to the friendly staff. They make you feel like home. Location is also great as you are within walking distance of most major restaurants in the area and almost inside the biggest local strip mall.

Room Tip: There is a builing further away from the street. Although I did not try it, it should be more quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. I would suggest the top Floor on the Mall side of the property if you are looking for a quieter room not bothered by road noise.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Courtenay
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Courtenay Comox Valley SW
#4 of 16 in Campbell River
Anco Inn
Anco Inn
#7 of 9 in Courtenay

Been to Travelodge Courtenay BC? Share your experiences!