“awesome eggs benny”

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 2, 2012

If you're looking for a tasty breakfast this is the place to go - mmmmmm. The eggs benny is perfection!

There are newer reviews for Michael's Off Main

Reviewed December 23, 2011

I like Michael's for a hungover breakfast! I eat very healthy, and so it is a special treat to go and have eggs benny or waffles or something greasy. The food is well priced for the size of portions you get. I always leave there full! Casual atmosphere, which is also nice.

Reviewed September 6, 2011

My husband and I are new to the area and had heard good reviews about this restaurant so we thought we would give it a try. We went in for breakfast and were greeted poorly from across the restaurant with a slight nod as to what table we would be seated at and then swiftly ignored. After awhile the waitress came and asked us if we were having coffee, I said yes and could we please have water as well. She looked at me as if I had asked for the world and not just a water! She immediately made us feel as though we had done something wrong even though we were more than polite. Once we put our food order in that was the last time she came to our table except to barely ask if the food was okay as she was quickly floating by. The food was horrible, the potatoes were cold and my egg was soft and runny when i had clearly asked for medium poached and the fruit was old and soggy. My husband's food was the same. We were never approached for refills on our coffee either.
Anyway, we were very disappointed with this restaurant.
Hopefully nobody else will get this kind of treatment there.
Because of her "service" we will NEVER go back.

2  Thank sunsh0wer
Reviewed September 22, 2010

Michael's is very reasonably priced with great food and very warm and friendly wait staff. Soups are yum, breakfast is yum - just very good value for the $$'s in a pleasant and friendly atmosphere.
I should go more often than I do! :-)

Reviewed January 17, 2010

We liked it so much the first day, we went back for breakfast the second! Super friendly staff, maybe the best waffles I've ever had.
Nice to know there are still real, thriving downtowns in British Columbia with great, local restaurants like this.