“Great location new and clean”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Courtenay Comox Valley SW
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Courtenay
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Clean nice rooms with all modern convinces. Really a nice treat after a day of skiing. We found the place by chance and do agree with other reviewers signage could be improved. Only reason I could not give this hotel an excellent review is the breakfast was not good. I was surprised no one else mentioned how bad the breakfast is. The eggs have to be some kind of powder egg and the sausage I'm just not sure of. It is to bad it could be improved with just a little bit of TLC and it would be real winner. Maybe it was just the day. We are staying two night and I will check it out again and up date this minor point. Clean new rooms are very nice treat.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Scott S
Jauline, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Courtenay Comox Valley SW, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

It’s wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I understand that the breakfast items are not to everyone’s taste, and it is true that some of our brand standard items are pre-packaged. We do have hard-boiled eggs that we offer guests if the omelette or scrambled eggs are not satisfactory. We have brought your suggestions to the attention of management and of course we always consider valid suggestions for changes if brand-standard allows. Thank you again for staying with us!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stopped here overnight on our way to the north of Vancouver Island. Convenient hotel. clean, good size room. Friendly, efficient staff. Good breakfast. Pleasant stroll into town along footpath leaving from the back of the hotel. Ample parking.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank iandcl
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Huge room! Very updated and classy decor. Bathroom was like a spa. And the customer service was exceptional. I was having work done on my house and needed a very quick room...they got me in immediately, gave me a super good rate and it was just perfect. I'm not big into really exclaiming but this place was atypical of a Holiday Inn. THANK YOU!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank SkiHikeKayakPlay

So lovely to hear that you had such an amazing stay with us. You mentioned you are “not big into really exclaiming” but we do appreciate positive feedback, so thank you!

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I can't recommend this hotel more for it's outstanding service. We were delayed overnight due to flight cancellations and were put up at the Holiday Inn Express. Gave us a beautiful suite and a delicious breakfast. When our airport shuttle did not arrive on time, they called several times to find out what the delay was -- when it was found out that the shuttle driver was stuck somewhere, they went above and beyond. Grabbed their own shuttle to drive us all to the airport and the head out housekeeping took her own vehicle to bring all the luggage along. Unbelievable! We made our flight in time and would like to send a big thank you to the front desk staff and head of housekeeping -- exceptional care for us :)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank canadianfamily007

You can’t imagine how great it makes my front desk team feel when they get glowing reviews like this; and our Housekeeping Manager is appreciative as well for the mention. Hope you return soon!

Reviewed December 10, 2012

As always great rooms
. Clean with a microwave and fridge (mini). Easy and plentyful free parking. And easy to find.
Front desk staf was as friendly as they ever were. One gal in the afternoon even remembered me from my last visit 3 months ago while up car shopping and asked me if I had bought my new car yet. Great memory. Small things like this make this place a great place to stay.
Breakfast was great with Pancakes and omelletes and scrambled eggs the second day.
The room was great, relaxing and clean. A little minor maintenance issue I did mention this to the front desk but it did not interfeer or effect my stay in any way.

As always this is my hotel of choice in the valley and I am always recommending it to my ski friends as well.

Room Tip: Any room seems to be a good one but the back side are a little more scenic. The front has no road no...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 2, 2012

This is an excellent hotel. I've stayed here three times and the staff have always been exceptionally friendly and helpful. Great breakfast, and if you need to leave early in the morning, they'll pack you a free breakfast to go. I booked a group and the sales manager even called me after we left to make sure we got our breakfast to go. The rooms are new, very clean, nicely furnished and very comfortable. They don't charge for amenities like wireless Internet. Overall, a top notch place.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Greeted by a very friendly staff, lots of free parking. Came with kids, for the hotel experience. The hotel has a water slide which is a great hit with the grandchildren., and a hottub a hit for grandma. Two comfortable beds, with decent pillows.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling with children, not only for the water slide, but for the breakfast which is included.
The next time we wanted a night out it was booked, so book early especially on the weekends.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Linda L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Courtenay
Old House Hotel & Spa
Best Western Austrian Chalet
Best Western Austrian Chalet
#5 of 16 in Campbell River
Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Courtenay Comox Valley SW? Share your experiences!