“Surprise! Surprise!”

Jo Klassen's Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 142 Restaurants in Courtenay
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Welcome to Jo Klassen’s Restaurant, We are a locally family owned and operated licensed dining establishment that’s been in operation since 1994. We strive at providing our customers with outstanding food and beverages with excellent customer service. With our versatile menu you will be sure to find something that everyone can enjoy and never leave hungry with our bottomless pop and home-cut fries. We also boast our famous All You Can Eat Fish And Chips which is renowned all across Vancouver Island and has left many customers fulfilled and coming back for more time and time again. You must be sure to save some room for our variety homemade desserts which are the perfect way to compliment your meal. We are located on the main street of Courtenay, B.C. which provides as a convenient location to stop and grab a satisfying meal on your way through town. In our establishment you will find yourself in a pleasantly comfortable atmosphere with open view to our kitchen which provides as some entertainment while your meal is being prepared. There is a great level of accessibility and parking provided for our patrons and we will certainly do our best to accommodate you to ensure the best dining experience. We also provide many other amenities that include; a full take-out menu, party or group reservations, daily specials, gift certificates, as well as a free wireless internet connection. Hope to see you soon!
Courtenay, British Columbia, Canada
“Surprise! Surprise!”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

We ate here on Thursday evening. It was not at all what I was expecting. I was expecting some humdrum fish and chips place. What a surprise. It was soooooooooo good! The fish was light and crispy like none I've ever had before. The fries, too, were light and crisp. I was so impressed. I will be back for sure.

• Visited December 2012
Jo Ann K, Owner at Jo Klassen's Restaurant, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you so very much for your wonderful review of our restaurant Alex. We are very happy you enjoyed your experience with us. We have been in business for over 18 years and it always is so gratifying when a customer takes the time to write about their experience. We look forward to seeing you again and if I am there when you come in (Jo) please introduce yourself.

We have just recently started a facebook page so please feel free to "like" us. We give away random gift certificates etc.

I hope you had a wonderful Chrtistmas with friends and family and wish you all the best for a very safe and Happy New Year.

Thank you once again.
Jo-Ann (Jo)

Courtenay, Canada
“The best fish 'n chips in town!”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

This is my go-to place for fish and chips. The service is always excellent, the staff are friendly and efficient. The owner seems to always be around, making sure that everyone is well looked after.

Van Isle, BC
“Tried and True”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

When I eat at Jo's, I always know I'll get huge quantity, great quality, fabulous service and all at a reasonable price. I like to try different things on the menu but always come back to either the All you can eat fish & chips or the Jo Burger. The also whip up some great calamari. Try to save room for the Cream Puff ... this is not your average cream puff but rather uber-super-sized and filled with a custard type cream, topped with whipped cream, chocolate sauce and definitely shareable.

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
“Amazing Value!”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We went here for lunch a few days ago, and were amazed by the great decor, clean atmosphere. The waitress was very friendly, and helpful!

I ordered their "standard" fish and chips which turned out to be three huge pieces of fish, coleslaw and fries for $11.00. The fish was AMAZING, the fries, however were HORRIBLE. They said they were home cut etc. but I did not like them - too starchy! My Fiance had the same with Prawns, which were "medium hot", however they had no heat what-so-ever. He also said the fish wasn't too great- although it's hard to tell with the delicious coating!

We would definitely come back!

Courtenay, British Columbia
“Soggy fish and chips”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Went with friends to try the fish and chips. Received a good size helping but it was really soggy. Seemed like the oil was not hot enough when cooking the fish. Felt terrible the rest of the day. Have not returned since.

• Visited July 2012