“A Fabulous Lunch! WOW”

Dining options: Breakfast
Terrace Bay, Canada
“A Fabulous Lunch! WOW”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

What a cute little place. We were shopping for new ski boots and this place was recommended by Shane at Gerrick's Ski's and Bikes. Thank you for the tip! Since both Bob & I prefer to cook our own meals rather than eat by default in restaurants, The Cottage Restaurant has now been added to our small list of awesome!
All the food is made daily and from scratch. The Borcht tasted just like my mother made it yesterday. The breads are delicious. Bob had the BLT and turkey noodle soup. Again, one of the best meals!
The Cottage Restaurant is a welcoming, quaint little place. The décor is cheerful. Paintings from local artists add to the atmosphere. The owner herself served us and again, is a very pleasant wonderful woman. The meal was so good, I wanted to give her a hug!

• Visited January 2014

“Homey little place just off the main drag.”
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

We've now been to The Cottage twice. Food is predictable, substantial, home made tasty and served quickly in a homey atmosphere. Prices are reasonable. If you're looking for a spot for brekky or lunch with no pretensions and good food, this is it!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Jim N
Nanaimo, Canada
“Excellent Food - Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I have eaten here a couple of times now. 1 lunch, 1 brunch. Cabbage roll and perogie lunch was very good. I will have it again. Ham and cheese omelet for brunch. They made their own bread and baked goods. You get a big slice of toast that is about 1 inch thick. I could make a meal of just a couple of slices of toast and jam. Ask for hot chocolate (its winter right now) and it comes in a huge mug.
The walls are covered in local art that can be purchased and it is mixed in with some whimsical bits to read as well.
In my opinion, even though it is a breakfast and lunch restaurant, it is one of the best places in town and still reasonably priced. I try to go once a week.

• Visited December 2013
West Kelowna, Canada
“Homemade goodness”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Cute place. Had the chef's salad and there was a generous portion. Fresh veggies. Real meat and not processed. Hot tea. Home made bread was great. I'd go again.

• Visited June 2013
Dunan, BC
“Only Okay”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I know this place has many positive comments, but this was our experience:
The service was very slow. had to return coffee because there was lipstick on the cup.
I had the Texan breakfast with my eggs over easy. The eggs to me needed a little more time in the pan, there was still clear jelly on the tops of my eggs. The sausage was terrible. Just tasteless. The bacon and hash browns were good.
The other dish was steak and eggs and they were both cooked as ordered.
Don't go for quick service, it took forever for coffee refills and such.
However, the staff was very friendly. I probably would give this restaurant a second chance when I am back in the area.

Visited May 2013