“Nice atmosphere, horrible value”
Review of Heidi's Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Heidi's Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
BC
“Nice atmosphere, horrible value”
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

The name of this place has changed from Heidi's restaurant to The Heidout pub and Microbrewery. My wife and I stopped in to have lunch today. The restaurant has been completely made over and renovated. they have done a good job as it is a great loooking building downtown. Since I don't drink beer I cannot comment on it. The place has a nice atmosphere, friendly staff. However the value for what you pay for is HORRIBLE! My wife and I paid $15 each for the prime rib melt. And it was nothing special. Melted horseradish cheddar, two onion rings and 150 grams of meat on a bun served with fries. Not great value! We were less than trilled with our meal Because of this I can say with confidence we won't be back anytime soon!
The first thing I told my wife was that they are as rediculously priced as Boston Pizza! And I do not go there anymore either because of the prices.
If you want the same type of atmosphere and excellent food, may I suggest Outskirts Steak House. They have a lunch special, Steak Sandwich for $6.95 vs the heidout's at $16!!!!! (and probably better too!)

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank MrLehy

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Extensive menu and excellent food in Cranbrook”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We chose to spend a night in Cranbrook and found Heidi's Restaurant on 821 Baker Street.
The menu was extensive and the food was excellent. Both of us went for the Schnitzels-- But the real specialty of the house was the spaetzle. Superb.

• Visited September 2012
Cranbrook, Canada
“A final meal”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Went for dinner last night for the last time at Heidi's Restaurant. This restaurant will be closing in a week or so in preparations for becoming a micro brew pub. Time will tell if the new venue will be as good as the current.

This is one of Cranbrook's truly Gluten Friendly options. While you still have to be careful -- Gluten Friendly and Gluten Free are very much different animals -- we've had pretty good success here.

• Visited February 2013
Lethbridge, Canada
“Local restaurant. Will soon be a micro brewery”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We were told at our hotel to have dinner at Heidi's as the food is great and it will soon be closed for renovations. I agree the food is great. It will be a hit with being a separate restaurant and micro brewery. All the best.

Visited February 2013
Cranbrook, Canada
“January visit”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Located off the main street it is one of the top three in its category. The owner is well known for her excellent cooking skills and high standards. This restaurant is famous for its European and International Cuisine. AAA steak, Schnitzels, Sea food, chickens, lamb, duck and gluten free options. We visited twice with a variety of age groups from kids to seniors. The food was very good. Our waitress was excellent. Our only complaint during these two January visits were the cool temperature of the room which made it uncomfortable for all of the group . Some major renovations have been announced and the restaurant will be closed for a short time. We look forward to checking out the results.

• Visited January 2013