“Family Oriented Hotel”

Best Western Cranbrook Hotel
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Cranbrook
“Family Oriented Hotel”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We stayed here July and September of this year. The first time we stayed 2 queen beds which we thought it is an OK room. We booked a 1 bedroom suite with kitchen the next time we stayed and we are pleased. New hotel in Downtown near restaurants is excellent. Too bad this hotel does not offer free breakfast and a bit pricey too! But location and rooms are great!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Cranbrook Hotel, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
I am glad that you had the opportunity to experience one of our Bedroom Suites! They are spacious and offer that little bit of extra living space which is great for a family stay. I have shared your feedback with the hotel team and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit! - Sonu Murphy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Nelson
Reviewed October 24, 2013

When visiting small cities in Canada, usually the best you can hope for is a Best Western. The one in Cranbrook doesn't disappoint. It is either a newer property or has had a complete refurbishment because it is very clean. The rooms are huge. On both of my stays I was booked into a suite which would easily house a small band of gypsys they are soooo spacious. I had to sleep on the sofa bed but it was unexpectedly comfy and the bedding very clean. Had a full-size fridge in the kitchenette which was perfect for our needs. Front desk staff were sometimes absentee but were very good once back behind the counter. It is located right on the main drag through town which puts it very close to most of the shops, restaurants and attraction. Will stay here again next time I am in town.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SolofemaleNelson
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Cranbrook Hotel, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review! Our designers were adamant that the rooms be spacious and I am glad to hear that we did not disappoint! The property has been operational for 5 years and was built from the ground up. I am pleased that it still has that 'new' feeling for our guests. I am glad you had a great stay and look forward to welcoming you back! - Sonu Murphy
Cranbrook, Canada
Reviewed October 19, 2013

The rooms are clean & comfortable. The staff is very helpful. Vincenzo's Restaurant is amazing & a real asset to the hotel. They made sure that there were feather pillows in the room. I should have complained about the noisy bar fridge but I just unplugged it at night as I wasn't using it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your compliments! I have passed your comments on to the bistro and hotel staff. We look forward to your next visit! - Sonu Murphy
Otterville, Canada
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We travel a lot. first mistake was we made making arrangements ahead of time, but due to 95%
of the best westerns hotels are o.k. we thought this one should be good looking at the price we had to pay. WRONG! (WAY OVERPRICED FOR WHAT YOU GET) Staff very unprofessional ! you get the feeling you are not welcome.(Management problem)Your walk to your room is already depressing,the hallways are very dark and painted dark brown. Beds are o.k. but that is all. The restaurant in the lobby where you will have to pay to eat something at 8 am was still closed.All in all,they will never see me again! This place is bad advertising for the Best Western Chain.

Room Tip: The only tip I have is, Do Not Stay There!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
I apologize that your stay did not meet with our high standards of service. I have shared your feedback in detail with our management team and the restaurant. Please be assured that we endeavor to ensure that every guest has a pleasant stay and I want to thank you for sharing your concerns so we can improve our hotel. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you to Cranbrook on your next visit - Sonu Murphy
Regina, SK
Reviewed October 10, 2013

There are a large number of accomodations in this city, but for ease of acess and central location this is worthwhile - easy to get to the train and other museums and displays and great variety of food outlets.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your recommendation! I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and had a restful stay. We hope to see you again soon! - Sonu Murphy
Reviewed September 29, 2013

the staff was extremely rude I over heard a guest saying his bed had blood spots on his sheets which immediately led me to believe they have bed bugs no free breakfast which was not advertised I found hair in the tub along with water marks ..... you couldn't pay me to stay here again

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank jjhappytrails
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed September 12, 2013

2 out of my 4 days stay, no one cleaned the coffee maker, nor did they replenish the coffee or sugar. I guess if you have no coffe you don't need sugar, right!?!?! Extremely inconvienent. Employees were snobby and talked to people like they were insignificant. Other than what I cleaned in the fitness room, nothing in 4 days was cleaned, or even moved. I Will NOT be staying there again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cranbrook
Days Inn Cranbrook
Prestige Rocky Mountain Resort and Convention Centre
Super 8 Cranbrook
Super 8 Cranbrook
#6 of 17 in Cranbrook

Been to Best Western Cranbrook Hotel? Share your experiences!