St. Eugene Golf Resort & Casino
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Almo Court Motel(Cranbrook)(Great Value!)
$54
$77
$136
Hotels.com
Lazy Bear Lodge(Cranbrook)(Great Value!)
$57
Travellers Motel(Cranbrook)(Great Value!)
$62
Model A Inn(Cranbrook)
$74
All reviewsresidential schoolmain buildingmission buildingpro shopbeautiful resortin great shapeoutdoor poolking bedcranbrook arealoungetubsholeclubhousesmokehouseroundsgamblingbrick
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 27, 2014

We spent 3 nights at the St. Eugene Golf Resort and Casino and had a wonderful time. The food was outstanding. Gordon was a hoot. The golf was just outstanding. Understand that the cost is not for the faint of bank account, but you get what you pay for. I even parred hole 18 on the course. There also was lots of wild life to see. A wild turkey walked across one green while we were playing. There were plenty of deer around the area, especially at the evening hours. Overall a great place to stay, clean, well maintained and we will be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I thought for sure with some of the excellent ratings and reviews, and the ranking on trip advisor that we had found a gem. Not so much. While check in was quick, they did not ask for ID or anything, asking if I wanted to charge to the credit card we booked with. I agreed, but wondered if I could have just walked in doing that for anyone's room. We were booked by the casino, it was impossible to find decent parking, the room was a long walk away and the "garden view" meant we looked through some random bush at a small flower bed and a driveway. We had requested a balcony, but were not given one. The room was clean enough, but really standard.. very average. My biggest complaint was the fact that they authorized 3 TIMES the amount of the one night stay on my credit card and didn't actually charge my credit card for almost a week later. Poor, poor service. I've worked in hotels, this is not normal practice. Pretty sure we wouldn't stay again.

Room Tip: Don't expect to get a 'garden view' with your garden view room. And requesting a balcony or anything else doesn't mean you'll get it.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank truth123
Sandra V, General Manager at St. Eugene Golf Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review. More importantly, I need to apologize for the less than stellar stay you experienced.
As a St. Eugene Golf Resort & Casino guest, there is a high level of expectation. Clearly, we did not live up to our reputation this time.
We will definitely focus on more direct training with the respective department, Front Desk team members, and review the policies we have in place. Again, I thank you for raising these issues to my attention. I will address each one. Hopefully, we will have another opportunity to redeem ourselves upon your next visit to our beautiful Resort.

Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

This hotel apparently caters to a different kind of clientele. We booked this hotel as a rest stop on our drive to the Canadian Rockies. In the one night we stayed there we ordered room service for a late supper. They added $2 charge on EACH item + gratuity. After the server delivered and got the signed check for the room charge, she came back after 10-15 mins past 10:30 at night requesting that we go with her to the restaurant to pay in person because they "want" to run the actual credit card instead of a room charge. She kept waiting at the door with her unheard of request and wouldn't leave until I called the front desk and they said they are doing the room charge. A few mins later the front desk called again and insisted that we go to the restaurant to pay as the restaurant is refusing to do a room charge. How insane is that? That's the rudest incident at any hotel I have been too. I hang up the phone on them after asking them to stop annoying us. Next morning the room charge was on the bill; they had no trouble doing that but just wanted to annoy us to the max. No apologies were offered for their extreme rudeness. No comment!

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank VivaPortland
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Room is average for this price point but I had absolutly no issues with cleanliness or appointment. The real supprise at this resort was the restaurant. The staff is classically trained and interseted in their work. The ambiance and deccore was very classy and comfortable. the menu provided many options , everything I tried was intersesting and well prepaired. i would recommend this resort for business or a quite weekend with your partner. Definatly would stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay in the old part if you can. Worth the extra dollars.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 17, 2014

One couldn't ask for a better location in terms of beauty and history. There are several parts of the hotel, and I had requested a quiet room months in advance. By the time I checked in, I was told I would be on the bottom floor, and it was the only available room. The noise factor from the parties was not appreciated. I have to say though, that the food in the lounge was tops, among the best I've ever had. Overall, I found the room to be average, the 'garden view' well, was a few bushes, a balcony, and a driveway....so it didn't meet my expectations. I had hoped to be in the historical section on the top floor, for the amount of money I was charged, as well as being on a top floor.

Room Tip: The hotel is set on beautiful grounds, you can ask for a 'good' room, but it doesn't mean you will get what you ask for. I am sure all the rooms are 'good', but again for the price paid, I would suggest a higher floor. There were fat people above me making constant noise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo