“YAHOO”

Global Outdoor Travel
More attraction details
Owner description: With the combination of our fantastic horses, fun, knowledgeable, personable guides/wranglers, small or big groups, and the stunning beauty of the scenery, what more can one ask for? Our guests have a passion for horses, want to be out with nature, and have an adventurous side. It is the excitement of crossing a river, riding "the man from snowy river," going thru old growth, river bottoms, crossing slides and alpine meadows, just riding in the mountains and doing it with a strong animal beneath you. The views are spectacular! We also offer pack trips, cabin rentals, and fishing trips. Must call or email for directions. Do NOT drive to our house please. The map is not able to match where the rides are which are in the mountains of the St. Marys.
Reviewed August 18, 2014

I took my daughter and eight year old grandson for the first trail ride ever. From the time we got to the ranch to the very end it was a great experience. Our horses were ready to go when we got there, "Sis" for myself, "Ruby" for my daughter and "Flurrey", who was a wee bit smaller for my grandson. We were given riding instructions by Adriane and were off through forests, very steep inclines and declines, open areas and many river crossings. The horses were very sure footed and very well behaved. For a bunch of greenhorns we had a great time. Our wrangler, Adriane did a great job and she took great photos for us. My grandson asked if he could do it again next year.i would highly recommend the ride to anyone. Yes, we did get our shoes wet on the river crossing. HAPPY TRAILS

Russ, Cranbrook
Sue, Coaldale AB
Cruz, Coaldale AB

Reviewed August 13, 2014

I have been on many different trail rides in my time but this one far exceeds any other. From Beginner to Expert I am positive all levels will get immense satisfaction out of this ride. Crossing rivers, steep inclines and declines "the man from snowy river hill", experiencing all of these great obstacles provides the riders a chance to really get into what a trail ride should truly be. My 10 year old daughter and I loved every minute; I am sure you could not take the smile off our faces. I will recommend this trip to many and hope that when I visit again I can try the longer ride to the hot springs. Thank you Brad and Val for all of your hard work! I hope to see you again in the future!! Maybe when I retire you will need an extra hand or two??

Val P, Manager at Global Outdoor Travel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

Thank you for your review. We know it is the best trail ride ever only because it is what we are told. We know we have something fabulous and special and we are very happy and always excited to share it with others. Please join us again!

Reviewed August 12, 2014

We were in the Kootenays last week for holidays and decided to sign up for the 2 hour trail ride. Neither of us have spent much time on horses but our guide, Toni, gave us some great tips to feel confident crossing rivers and going up and down some steep hills. The views were great as well.
After the ride we discovered we had a flat tire and our guide went out of her way to help us which was greatly appreciated.
Would highly recommend anyone interested in a top notch trail riding experience to check these guys out.
I put together a short video of some of the riding we did if you want to check out some of the trails. https://vimeo.com/103202874

Val P, Owner at Global Outdoor Travel, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2014

We are so lucky that our staff is so great! The video and music to it is fantastic! Hope to have you back. Thanks for the review.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Two weeks ago, my friend Penny and I decided to take this horseback riding adventure with you. I have not had any horseback riding experience in the past, although I had ridden atop a camel, and a mule some nearly 40 years ago. I guess that doesn't really count! Hence my greatest apprehension was if I had the skills to manage a horse reliably, and if the horse would be obedient!

Brad Park, our host and riding instructor was a godsend. He chose the appropriate horses for each of us, and patiently taught us the basics of the basics - how to mount, dismount, adjust one's posture to that of the horse's, turn, stop, go. He provided us with sufficient time to acclimatize to our animal on simple trails, before they became winding, narrow, or became steep slopes to descend and ascend. I was surprised that by the latter part of the ride, we actually descended a long and steep trail, and I actually felt no trepidation, thanks to Brad's careful and detailed instruction, as well as my sense that this horse that I was provided with was surefooted, compliant and sensible.

In addition to the newfound joys of learning to "ride" a horse, we were exposed to wonderful vistas of mountains, clean clear streams, and beautiful undergrowth, that one would not be able to appreciate from driving a car along a highway. It provided me with the sense of intimacy and closeness with nature - something that cannot be taken for granted. We had the joy of crossing the river several times, the depth of which rose to perhaps 2 feet, which caused our feet to get wet, but it was all part of the fun and adventure of truly being "submerged" (pun intended) in nature.

At the end of the ride, I was sad to say goodbye to Rose, my equine companion. Brad provided us with a tour of the lodge and provided us with much needed soft drinks, as it was hot and I was quite dehydrated.

In all, the horseback riding experience was a blissful introduction to a new experience for me, and I would like to do this over and over again, opportunities permitting. The experience of being atop a horse, and communicating with it was a special. The experience of being deep in the forest and mountains, with clean streams and fresh air, far away from cities/towns, traffic congestion, etc. was a necessary and healthy break from the stress of mundane office work in a big city for me. The kindness, experience, astuteness, and detailed, patient instruction provided by Brad was also deeply appreciated as I know it contributed heavily to my confidence in my riding ability, as well as providing a sense of safety.

I would strongly recommending horseback riding adventures with Global Outdoor Travel without hesitation. You are in good hands and will have a great time.

Regards

Ken

Val P, Owner at Global Outdoor Travel, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Ken and Penny, thank you for the terrific review! You both should be writers! So glad that you took the leap and got on the horses. We know what we have is special, not just the area, but our horses. Very happy to share it with you. Look out Hot Springs ride, here they come, next year!

Reviewed August 10, 2014

A friend and I, both in our fifties, who formerly considered ourselves "indoor types", are newly converted to the joys of trail riding in the Great Outdoors! Our guide, Brad Park, was especially patient with me during the first part of the trail, when I felt unequal to the challenge. With calm joviality, he cleverly managed my apprehensions and persuaded me to continue with what was to become an electrifying experience. The several river crossings -- a literal "foot wetting" -- afforded me the most intimate experience I've ever had with the wilderness! Delightfully saddle-sore at the end of this 2.5 hour trail, I felt a renewed sense of confidence in myself! I unreservedly recommend this adventure with Brad, who tailored the experience exactly to our needs!