“Great location!!”

Prestige Rocky Mountain Resort and Convention Centre
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Cranbrook
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We really enjoyed our visit to Cranbrook, BC. The hotel was very nice, very clean, nice room, friendly staff, and the location was great! Close to downtown area, and to the Train Museum. Also Cranbrook is very close to other places like Kimberley, Fernie, and Fort Steele.

We definitely will be back, and stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: We got our room through Booking.com, and we saved about $100 a night.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Rocky Mountain Resort and Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I will pass your compliments on to our team in Cranbrook. We look forward to your next stay! - Sonu Murphy

Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for one night only to find that despite their being a pool, spa, gym, hairdresser there was no guest laundry. Otherwise the hotel was good the rooms are large and the bathrooms are great. Sadly breakfast is extra

• Stayed: September 2013
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Rocky Mountain Resort and Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Thank you for posting your review! I am glad that you enjoyed the amenities featured in your guest room and found the rooms to be spacious. I have passed your feedback on to our team in Cranbrook to help us improve guest experience. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you to our city on your next visit. - Sonu Murphy

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Paid $150.00 and when I asked what time breakfast was I was told no breakfast is offered. They have a adjoining restaurant and breakfast is an additional 9.99 plus taxes per person. I then asked about a recommended place to eat and their adjoining restaurant was also recommended. We went to have a bite and my spouse ordered the fancy salad with caramelized walnuts in it. After receiving the food and starting into the salad she realized that no walnuts were included. When we asked the waitress, she said sorry but the chef had ran out. They use the theory that it better to ask for forgiveness than be up front. They would take it back and was their anything else that we might be interested in. By now I am half finished my meal and she would have to wait all over again. Waitress suggested a bowl of soup as it was already hot and quick. Oh well go for it........ , not very good soup....To top it off we had to hunt down our waitress and get the bill as she was talking to the only 2 other people in the restaurant.
I would definitely not stay at this hotel again. Many other rooms in Cranbrook and they appeared to be busy when we drove past them in the morning, Free breakfast advertised on most of them.

Room Tip: Pick another Hotel or Motel
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Rocky Mountain Resort and Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Thank you for posting your review. Your feedback is very important to improving our hotel and service, so I appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience and for addressing your concerns directly with our General Manager upon checkout. We have since reviewed your comments with the restaurant team in depth, and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to Cranbrook. – Sonu Murphy

Reviewed August 18, 2013

My stay was very brief, I was only in the room for five or six hours as I had a very early morning appointment. For this reason, my review won't have the depth that some may be seeking.

My two bed room had a rather upscale appearance, and included amenities found at premium hotels. It was very quiet, the bed was comfortable, pillows provided the variety of "feel" so I could get the style I needed.

It felt "richer" than the Best Western in town (which was more luxurious that most Best Western hotels), yet it was priced lower. Hence, I consider it to be a better value.

I noticed no shortcomings in cleanliness.

Room Tip: Back of the hotel may be quieter than the front
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your compliments and comments. Although a short stay, we seem to have made a great impression! Our design team will be pleased to hear that they have achieved the ambiance of opulance! We look forward to welcoming you back for another great stay! – Sonu Murphy

Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

The beds are NOT Canadian queen, must be American sizing. The room had empty bottle caps from previous guests, counters and lamps were visibly dusty. My 14 year old son who notices nothing saw the dust. Not sure I'd stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for sharing your review. I am glad that you enjoyed a comfortable and restful stay. Cleanliness is definitely top priority for us as well, so I have passed your comments on to our management and housekeeping team in Cranbrook. We look forward to your next visit. – Sonu Murphy

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Very nice large hotel with all the amenities. Check-in was a joy with the friendly staff. Our room was large and even on the backside it was very quiet. Beds are comfortable. Extremely quiet air conditioner.
But we quickly noticed dusty edges and corners and sunflower seeds near the bed. In the bathroom the floor edges at both ends of the vanity had an accumulation of dirt and debris. Sink cracked.
Good and reasonable food in the restaurant/lounge. Breakfast is not included.
If we had paid full price and arrived earlier we would have requested another room.
Cleanliness is top priority for us travelers!

Room Tip: Treat yourselves to one of the boxcar rooms. Expensive but very cool!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! I am glad that you found our staff to be friendly and your guest room to be spacious and quiet. We greatly value guest feedback, so please be assured that your feedback has been provided to our management team in Cranbrook to review with our housekeeping department. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you on your next visit. - Sonu Murphy

Reviewed July 31, 2013

My work takes me on the road very often in various areas of British Columbia. Great staff... Steve in the restaurant did a great job making me feel comfortable in their restaurant. Food was great for the price as well. All around good experience.

• Stayed: July 2013
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Rocky Mountain Resort and Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

An "all around good experience" is what we always hope to achieve and I am so pleased that this has been your experience while staying with us. I have passed your compliments on to our team in Cranbrook. We look forward to your next visit and wish you safe travels. - Sonu Murphy

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cranbrook
St. Eugene Golf Resort & Casino
Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre
Trickle Creek Lodge
Trickle Creek Lodge
#2 of 5 in Kimberley

Been to Prestige Rocky Mountain Resort and Convention Centre? Share your experiences!