Nomad Motel
$134
$91
Travellers Motel(Cranbrook)(Great Value!)
$62
Lazy Bear Lodge(Cranbrook)(Great Value!)
$61
$57
Almo Court Motel(Cranbrook)(Great Value!)
$61
TripAdvisor
All reviewsroom was cleanbedroom suitefull kitchenone nightthe main highwaykitchenettestovewashroom
Lethbridge, Alberta
Reviewed December 20, 2005

My family and I recently stayed at the Nomad for several days and found it comfortable, affordable and very clean. We loved our large family suite with a complete (real) kitchen containing all the ammenities. Our beds were very comfortable; the management was extremely friendly and accommodating; the free breakfast included bagels, toast, fruit, juice, etc. - were all we needed to get on our way; and the free movies went over well (they had hundreds to choose from - tons of classics and kids movies - plus movie channels.) Even the laundrymat for the guests was affordable. I would happily and confidently recommend the Nomad to anyone going to Cranbrook! They suited our needs and our budget perfectly. It's great to see a small independent motel competing so well. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: October 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 2, 2005

We recently spent four nights at the Nomad. We were 2 adults, one 13 yo and a small dog. There have been some renovations, but not many that I could see other than some new paint and carpeting in a few rooms. The first night, we stayed in a non-renovated room that was musty smelling and rather cramped with very uncomfortable beds and an air conditioner that didn't work very well. We changed rooms the following day to a "renovated" room with a different layout, which served our needs better. It, too, had a mini-kitchen, which we didn't use. The beds, however, were not much better, so we never really got a good night's sleep. The first room had good water pressure in the shower, the second did not and did fluctuate between hot and cold. The bathrooms did not have adequate space to put our toiletries on. The windows could use a good cleaning!

On the plus side, the new managers were friendly and it was quiet and close to restaurants, etc. We did not try the pool. The free toast and coffee were nice in the morning. We had a problem with the lock and it was fixed relatively quickly but it did require a change in our plans due to the delay. It was pet friendly, too.

All in all, it was okay--not great and not awful. I would try someplace else next time, though.

3  Thank Denise H
calgary
Reviewed July 3, 2005

I have recently stayed at this place over the july long weekend. I will never stay there again. The rooms were not overly spacious or comfortable. The movies were outdated and did not work often. The so called continental breakfast was a joke of old oranges and a couple apples. The toast and bagels did not even come with cream cheese. No coffee supplied in the rooms and the shower kept changing tempature such that we had to be careful not to get burned. The pool was virtually unusable as the tempature was so cold even the kids could barely stand it for more then a few minutes(we went to 2 local lakes and they were able to stay in that water for more then an hour without compliant) and no adults braved the frigid waters. When we asked about possibly increasing the temp to a suitable level we were rebuffed impolitely.

I have stayed in literally hundreds of accomadations over the last 20 years and this was one of the most unpleasant experiences we have had. my children began calling it hobo hotel and I could not help but agree. For the price asked by the owners I would have preferred to have gone to another place and will next time we go for a visit. My suggestion is its fair value was closer to $60 per night for this place. Certainly worth paying even 10% more than the 110$ charged to get the appropriate accomadations and services.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
medicine hat, AB
Reviewed April 6, 2005

the rooms were absolutley gorgeous and clean, the renovations just added to the great stay.the owners were very pleasant and helpful an A+ motel. the pool was just perfect and they even allowed my pets!! I will always stay there when i am traveling that way. Thanks for a wonderful stay!!

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 4, 2004

We enjoyed our stay at the Nomad. The free movies were great. It was quiet even though on the strip and was within walking distance of everything. Our only problem was the placement of the toilet! It faced sideways. If you sat, your legs were under the sink and "standing" members of the family had to go from the side as there was no room to stand at the front. The youngest male member of the family found "hitting the target" somewhat difficult. I'm unsure if this was something peculiar to our room.

• Stayed: July 2004