“Definitely stay again”

Sandman Inn Cranbrook
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Cranbrook
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We've stayed at this property a few of times in the last year for my daughters' dance competitions as well as soccer tournaments. The hotel was very accomodating to the groups, the location is perfect, service is exceptional, rooms were very clean and the staff was extremely helpful. Any requests were dealt with almost instantly. Having Denny's attached and open 24 hours is a great feature with our "hungry athletes". I would recommend anyone to stay and will most definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Sandmandan, General Manager at Sandman Inn Cranbrook, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Thanks for your review. We do pride ourselves in being host to many different groups that come to Cranbrook for a competition or tournament. Also, I appreciate your positive comments on the exceptional service and cleanliness of the room, both areas in which our staff work hard to achieve. Thanks for recommending us and we hope to see you, again, soon.

Regards,
Dan Schellenberg

There are newer reviews for Sandman Inn Cranbrook

Reviewed July 13, 2011

We recently stayed at the hotel with a large ball team group. The hotel is ok and the majority of the staff was good. We did however Run into the night manager "JACK". I have never had worse service at any hotel and it certainly makes me question the hiring practices of the hotel. This individual was BRUTAL and it is too bad that one person will result in about 15 families... (2 ball teams) never staying at this property again....

IF you plan to stay there make sure Jack has lost her job.!
KE Kelowna BC

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Sandmandan, Manager at Sandman Inn Cranbrook, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2011

As the manager of the Sandman Inn Cranbrook, I would like to state that the staff and myself take pride in providing excellence in service to our guests. Also, we use the highest standards along with reference checks to ensure that we hire the best staff possible in order that we may provide superb service to our guests. I would encourage travellers to stay with us at the Sandman Inn Cranbrook and experience this for themselves. (Dan Schellenberg).

Reviewed January 11, 2011

I ve stayed at this property a few times now. Still is the same correct choice in my opinion. My friend and I had the opportunity to go and see a hockey game in Cranbrook and not knowing whether we would stay the night or try to make our way home; I suggested to stay at the Sandman. When we got to the hotel, the front desk greeted me and remembered me from past stays. I m usually there on business, but this time required a room with two beds. Even though I ve stayed there before the front desk still let me know what the hotel had to offer. Dennys, pool, best place to park etc. The room was perfect for what we needed, which was two beds, a hot shower and TV. My friend that stayed with never stayed at this property before, but will most likely be returning as the hotel has a great location and clean rooms. Staff at the hotel were great as always too.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends

Thanks for your review. It is always nice to know that our staff do remember a guest who has stayed here previously. It can result in a down home feeling for the guest. Also, I appreciate your comments on the cleanliness of the room and convenient location, along with the mention of the on-site Denny's. We hope you can visit us again on your next trip for a hockey game or otherwise.

Regards,
Dan Schellenberg

Reviewed December 20, 2010

Stayed with a group for 2 nights. Room was old with stained moldy carpets. Trains running past 3 times a night. Pool was "green" and not useable. Avoid this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Sandmandan, General Manager at Sandman Inn Cranbrook, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2011

We do have some rooms that are close to the tracks; however, the majority of our rooms are located away from the tracks. Also, our pool contains a greenish tile that (depending on the natural light) sometimes makes the water have a hint of green colour. This in no way reflects anything negative about the condition of the pool. In fact, we receive many compliments about the clarity of the water.

Reviewed November 18, 2010

Got a non smoking room that stunk like an old ashtray. Very disgusting.. carpets looked old and dirty. I woke up feeling sick due to allergens in room. Not cheep either ..

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Sandmandan, General Manager at Sandman Inn Cranbrook, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2012

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, you may have stayed in a room that we had recently changed from a smoking room to a non smoking room. Sometimes, it is difficult to remove the smell of smoke, entirely. We will endeavour to do a more thorough cleaning of the rooms that get changed over form smoking to non smoking.

Reviewed November 15, 2010

Although they provide a free, limited, breakfast at Denny's, which is attached to the hotel, I was not impressed with the cleanliness or the fact that the outlet in the bathroom, and therefore the hair dryer, didn't work.
I was glad they provided towels in the pool area, and the bed was nice, but there weren't enough pillows. I was traveling with my husband and our two little children. Front desk should have offered us at least one more pillow and at least one more towel set. The kids slept on the hide-a-bed, while we got the king bed. There were crumbs bedside the night stand and coffee splatters on the wall near the door. Seeing as it is the slow season I expected a cleaner room. This is the time housekeepers should be doing their annual 'super cleans' on the rooms. Due to these things I thought the room was overpriced. Also, the pool was boring with NO toys for the kids, and in great need of upgrading, or at least a new paint job.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family

I always encourage our guests to ask for anything they feel is lacking in the room, so that we can serve them better. This procedure applies to any concerns about the room's cleanliness.

Reviewed February 8, 2010

We spent a couple nights here...beautiful location. We were given a deal on the room, but was still extremely overpriced. AND we both ended up getting scabies from the bed. I told the general manager this upon checking out...and we were still charged full price for the rooms... Wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple

We take any complaints about bugs in a serious manner and follow it up with a thorough inspection by a certified pest control company and do not rent the room in question until the validity or non validity of the complaint is determined.