“So so hotel”

Ranked #5 of 6 Cranbrook B&B and Inns
Regina, Canada
“So so hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

Well it was okay overall to stay. Unfortunately when my sister and I wanted to go use the pool the key we were given didn't unlock the door even tho' the key said pool on it. The steps down to the pool was steep from the top so I strained my foot a little. The restaurant was slow to serve, and it wasn't very busy. Indeed two members of staff had to both work on a small family's bill! The food was all right, breakfast was better as we all were served quicker and the free hot breakfast is a very good deal! But I don't recommend the sausage and the toast ordered was mostly burnt.

• Stayed July 2012
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. Our main focus is to provide strong customer service and an excellent experience and I am sorry that service levels appeared to not be at the standard set forth by the Company. My apologies for the inconvenience you experienced while visiting the pool. I have reviewed this with our maintenance division and immediate corrections were made. I have also reviewed your restaurant experience directly with the Season’s Café staff as well the kitchen staff and changes/corrections have been made. I do appreciate you bringing this to my attention.
I do hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Cranbrook. Please phone me directly as I would appreciate the opportunity to upgrade your room.

Go Riders Go!

Collin Johnston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Duncan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

This hotel is fine. If its a bed and a shower you require this works place works. The place is getting a little tired and could use some modernization. That being said, everything worked fine, the staff were good and the price of the room was within reason.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review on your recent stay. I appreciate your business and am happy that everything was up to your satisfaction. I have passed your comments along to our Head Office and shared them with our staff. I strive to provide our guests with a clean and comfortable stay and everyone here is committed to providing an excellent customer service experience.
I am currently planning upgrades to the hotel, which will provide the more modern impression that you mentioned.
We hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in Cranbrook.

Collin N Johnston
General Manager – Heritage Inn Hotel and Convention Centre
Castlegar, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

Just spent a couple nights at the Heritage Inn in Cranbrook. Although the room does show its age I found the room to be clean, comfortable and a good value. The room consisted of one queen size bed and a couch. The bed was quite comfortable and the couch was fine as well. With the room I received a free breakfast coupon for the restaurant. There was quite a few options (standard eggs bacon or sausage hashbrowns and toast or waffles or french toast or an omelette).
The room also had a fridge which for me is always a bonus.

I think there is room for a huge improvement in the hotels gym. It had great equipment ( treadmill, stationary bike, rower and a multi-purpose machine). The problem is that all the equipment is placed in a small room with no ventilation, no fan and no space to move. You could not have more than one or two people in this gym at once. There is also towel and spray to wipe down the equipment when you are done but no place to put the towels when you are done.

I think people need to be aware when booking that this is not a 4 star hotel this is an older hotel with clean comfortable rooms and for the money that it costs it is good value.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

I always appreciate our guests taking the time to write a review, as this feedback is very important to us. I am glad that you found good value at our property and your positive comments have been passed along to my staff. We are committed to upgrading our products and services and looking for ways to make our guests feel at home. We will continue to provide the complimentary hot breakfast, which so many of our guests enjoy.
I appreciate your honesty, regarding the gym, and I am reviewing the airflow issues, hoping to find a suitable solution. I also reminded the cleaning staff to ensure the used towel bin was in place at all times.
I value your business and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Cranbrook.

Banff National Park, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

I've stayed at the heritage inn twice over the last month. Like a lot of people say, the breakfast is good - it's a plated breakfast, not a dingy buffett. It would be nice if they offered a lighter contential option though.

This is an older hotel, so it's not all crisp and new but that doesn't bother me. I don't agree with the sentiment that it's dirty, it's just a bit older building. The pool area also is older but I found it clean enough. Had a nice swim and soak there.

My last stay I did deal with some issues with the staff. When I arrived, I had no internet in my room. I called the front desk and basically got the response "Well there is nothing I can do about it." That girl's name was Amber. The following morning I tried again, and once again, no connection. This time I talked to Debbie at the front desk - again got the response "Well there is nothing I can do." I worked at my table while eating breakfast because internet was available in the cafe. Finally on morning two, I mentioned it to the lady at the desk who was faxing something for me. She finally responded how I'd expect hospitality staff to respond "Let me look into it." She called her repair guy, he said he would reset the router - viola upon coming back that night I had internet. It wasn't a huge deal but I don't appreciate being sluffed by the staff. Upon check out (I think it was Debbie again) I was going to mention my complaint, but didn't even get a "How was your stay?" just "Are you leaving this on your credit card?" and a receipt. So here is my complaint for the world to see.

Won't stay again because if I have problems I expect the hotel to at least attempt to accomodate me. They shold review hospitality basics with their staff like saying "How was your stay?" so people have a chance to voice concerns.

Room Tip: It's noisy all along the strip in cranbrook.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide comments on your recent stay with us. I was very bothered to hear the responses you received, from some of the staff, regarding your internet problem. This does not comply with our hotel standards or with proper customer service. I have dealt with this and am reviewing policy with all front desk staff. In addition, I have asked my maintenance staff to complete a review on our wireless internet.
I truly apologize for the inconvenience you experienced and do hope that you will give us another try when you are next in Cranbrook. Please contact me directly and I would be happy to upgrade your stay.

Nelson, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2012

Stayed at the Heritage Inn in Cranbrook Last weekend, what a horrible experience.
We were traveling with my sons hockey team for a tournament there in Cranbrook. From the outside this place that should have been a sign. It is very run down, and has a very poor outward appearance.
For starters when we checked in, they put a $300 deposit charge onto my credit card, and everybody on the teams. That had not happened since the 1990's for me, and when I asked why, they said, "That's what we do, in case you ruin the room" which, I found sort of absurd, I was traveling with my 10 year old son, and his team, I am not in the habit of "ruining hotel rooms". The front desk person was also very snotty, acted offended that I even asked.
I went up to my room, 308. and it was very shabby, and just felt dirty. The carpet was dirty and dingy. The beds had big dips in them. The A/C was like going back in time to the 1970's and it only blew out warm air, no matter how much we turned it to cool.
I asked about dinner recommendations, and the front desk woman would not give any, aside from their in-house pasta bar, which was over $20 dollars a person. She did not seem very forthcoming on her city, nor did she want to give out any helpful information.
A few other of the teammates parents were also extremely disappointed, and found their rooms to be filthy, one had dirty socks in the desk drawer, another had empty beer bottles under the bed, another had a filthy bathtub. The area under the sink in my bathroom looked as though it had not been cleaned in months.
The only thing this place had going for it, was it was centrally located to the hockey rinks, and the free breakfast was fast, and pretty good.

It was also super expensive. Two nights was $223.00. I've stayed in a lot better places for way less, and been very pleased. I travel regularly with my sons for hockey, and this one I will never visit again.

Room Tip: Don't choose this place!!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank hockeymomofsons13
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

I was very distressed to read your review of your recent stay with us. Please accept my apology and assurance that all your comments are being addressed. I have policies and procedures in place to provide our guests with a clean and comfortable stay and will be reviewing these with each and every department.
The preauthorization on your credit card is a standard procedure in the hospitality industry and is only put through as a completed transaction upon your departure, if need be. This would be used to cover any additional charges during your stay, like room service or phone charges. This was obviously not explained to you in the correct manner and I am sorry, this error in communication, caused you undo stress.
I have scheduled renovations to our guest rooms and am reviewing exterior improvements as well.
It is my goal to ensure that each guest has a positive experience with us here at the Heritage Inn, and once again, I am truly sorry that we did not provide that. I hope that you may reconsider staying with us in the future and ask that you contact me directly. I will do my best to provide you with an upgrade to your room and a pleasant and restful stay.

Collin Johnston

Travelers are raving about these Cranbrook hotels

Surrey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2012

Our family of 5 stayed there in July, and although the room itself was nothing remarkable, a bit dingy, but adequate it served well as a place to rest on a long road trip. The staff was amiable, and the breakfast was awsome. I was expecting maybe a small 'continental' and it turned out to be one of the best we had on the whole trip.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Dear Guest,
Your comments regarding your stay this past summer are much appreciated. I realize that some of our guest rooms are in need of an update and have scheduled room renovations for later this year.
The Skylight Restaurant serves an excellent breakfast and we are very proud to be able to offer this to our overnight guests. I am so happy that you enjoyed it and thank you for your compliment on both the staff and your meal experience.
I hope to welcome you back again on your next “long road trip”.

Colin N Johnston
Cranbrook, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

Loved our stay! Friendly staff! Amazing Sunday Brunch!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
I appreciate your business and value your comments. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and your breakfast in the Skylight Restaurant. Our Sunday Brunch is a big favourite for both our guests and the local community. I have passed your compliments along to our staff and our management team. Guest satisfaction is our ultimate goal and it is always wonderful to receive this type of confirmation. Thank you.
I would love to welcome you back to the Heritage Inn should you find yourself, once again, in the Cranbrook area.

Sincerely