“Best B&B in B.C.”

End of the Road Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 5 Cranbrook B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I have been travelling to Cranbrook every 2 weeks for a year and have stayed at the End of the Road B&B for most of this time. I chose the B&B to have more of a homey experience than I was having at the hotel chain in town.

I have been delighted by the hosts and the home - only 10 minutes from town but totally peaceful and a beautiful setting in by the forest. When I come in tired from the long drive I just fall into the leather sofa warmed by the fire from the wood stove. Mirka brings me a tea from the berries and herbs she has gathered from the forest, and then I soak in the tub before going bed in the blue room.

I go to sleep dreaming of the Italian coffee in the morning and breakfast that includes Mennonite cheese, free range eggs, and a yogurt parfait with fresh fruits. Sometimes I hike up the trail on the mountain behind the house, where Mirka showed me where to find my own berries and herbs. I have on more than one occasion said hello to herds of elk and deer along the way.

Other aspects of the house I have enjoyed include the entertainment center in the media room downstairs, wireless internet, a great selection of BC nature and health magazines, beautiful decor, and impeccable cleanliness and comfort.

The European hosts are great conversationalists - thoughtful and intelligent but not intrusive. I have brought both my children (6 & 4 yrs. old) and friend to stay for recreation, and they too were delighted by the stay and well cared for.

Highly recommended for travellers who want a place they look forward to coming home to. Great for business travellers, families, couples or singles.

Room Tip: Both are equally comfortable.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Celeste L

Reviewed March 20, 2012

Best B@B in the area. Great location , quiet , next to the forest, about 10 minutes drive from the downtown of Cranbrook. Excellent breakfast and coffee served by very caring and lovely European couple, open to discussion about anything. Highly recommended !

Room Tip: all the rooms are great and clean
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 1, 2012

This a fantastic home away from home B&B. The host couple are warm and welcoming. The breakfast & coffee are very nice. The location is nicely just outide of the city, so you can enjoy the peace and quiet of nature. We would definitely recommend End of the Road B&B.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2012

This is a great B&B. The host couple are amazing and very welcoming. It is located a short drive away from the main streets of Cranbrook, but the setting makes it worth it. As a side note, the food is fantastic!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank MauledbytheTravelBug
Reviewed February 28, 2012

End of the Road B&B is the perfect place to stop to get away from the hustle bustle of city life. We are always treated to a warm welcome, beautifully prepared breakfasts, and fresh brewed Italian coffee. Often we start the day reading by the wood stove. There is plenty of hiking to do just behind the house and in the winter you can even go cross country skiing on those same trails. Even when we feel lazy the bird and deer watching just from inside the house is quite a delight. The stargazing is amazing too as the property is away from all city lights. We highly recommend End of the Road.

Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank greenzen
Reviewed December 14, 2011

A few minutes was all it took to get away from engine noise, pollution and glaring lights. Replaced with starlight & the moon glowing off the snow, wind blowing through the trees and the fire crackling, I was rejuvinated and revitalised aftr my stay. Throw in some amazing breakfast delights, great company from the hosts and ask for a room upstairs- you'll get the view of the deer in the backyard!! I will make always make the effort to stop here on my way through the area... worth every minute!

Room Tip: Green room did the trick for me... but check out the bathrooms! wow.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Caroling2011
Reviewed January 6, 2010

End of the road B&B lives up to its name, it is literally at the end of the road, so maybe a 10 minute drive from downtown, which was no big deal. The house is huge and beautiful, immaculate kitchen, comfy beds, all the rooms look pretty new, and are also immaculate.

We were 3 couples travelling together. It was a very reasonable price. Since the host couple was away, they arranged for us to meet their friend Miro at the house. He was quite friendly and helpful. Also, before leaving, they labelled all the cupboards, left the fridge well stocked with food, and a little beer fridge with drinks, there was firewood out back, (though we didn't use it). Downstairs there is a big TV room, also a ping pong table and library, and there is a bathroom for each bedroom just outside each one. I will post pictures of the amenities shortly.

Though we didn't actually meet the host couple, their preparation before our arrival left a very good impression. This would be a very enjoyable place to stay for anyone wishing to "get away from it all" yet still be close to the city, and enjoy gorgeous scenery. The pictures on the website are an honest depiction of what is there. This B&B definitely gets my recommendation.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple