“Food was good but a bit pricey”

Mr Mikes Steakhouse Casual
Reserve with OpenTable
Mr Mikes Steakhouse Casual is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 97 Restaurants in Cranbrook
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Revelstoke, Canada
“Food was good but a bit pricey”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

My husband and I have been to this location several times and will return on our next Cranbrook trip.

The service is great, the food is better than average.

The reason for the 4 star rating is for the lighting conditions and the price. The lighting could use improvement and although the food is good it comes with a higher than average price tag.

• Visited November 2013

Nelson
“Not the Mike's I remember”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Years ago, Mr. Mike's used to be a favourite restaurant because of their burgers and steaks but the one we used to go to in Kelowna closed out a long time ago. So, imagine our delight when we looked out of our hotel window and saw one right across the street! There was no more discussion about where we were going to have dinner that night. It was very busy when we walked in but were seated right away. The menu is extensive so it took awhile to narrow down choices but we all had steaks. Unfortunately, they were not up to the quality we remembered. Not very tender, overcooked to our specifications and the sides were limp and unimaginative. Drank more wine to make up for the disappointing dinner. The service was pretty good but we probably won't be back. Mr. Mike's, you are officially dead to me.

• Visited October 2013
“Best steak in Cranbrook”
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Ny steak is the best in Cranbrook. Service was great.
The steak was very good, exactly as I ordered it and very tasty.
Waitress was very polite and kind eventhough it was a busy night.

Visited October 2013
San Francisco, California
“Food Is Microwaved. And Microwaved More. Boo Hiss.”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I usually don't bother with restaurant reviews, because I think everyone's tastes are so different, it's pointless to talk about flavor, presentation, etc. Also, I'm pretty easy to please when it comes to food. I'm happy if it's good value (even if it's crappy food and there's a lot of it), and I'm happy if it's very well-crafted food, (even if the portions are small and it's spendy).

What I abhor is terrible service or being bamboozled. Come to Mr. Mikes Steakhouse in Cranbrook if you like being bamboozled.

I ordered the steak sandwich. The waitress warned me, as she put the plate down, that the plate was really hot. She was right...hot of the of microwave. Even the garnish was hot, even the pickle slice on the side was hot.

And yet, the fries were not piping hot. I sent the fries back, and had no problem getting hot, freshly microwaved replacements.

I then cut into the steak to check done-ness. It was underdone. It was also very small for the price and was lost on the bun. So the entire plate went back, and the steak came back to me, microwaved to beyond done-ness.

I paid a lot of money for a small amount of microwaved, and re-microwaved food; thus, this review.

P.S. The steak was tough.

• Visited August 2013
Penticton
“very tasty,but very filling”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We had margareta`s before our mike burgers and the waitress spilled my husbands all over us,not on purpose,she felt very bad so they took some money off our bill.The burgers were delicious,the service was great,we would go back.

Visited September 2013