“Great coffee shop and restaurant”
Review of Hot Shots Cafe

Hot Shots Cafe
Ranked #4 of 97 Restaurants in Cranbrook
Cuisines: Thai, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Cranbrook
“Great coffee shop and restaurant”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Everything on the menu is fantastic here and they have lots of vegan options as well. Its a great place to grab breakfast, lunch, dinner or just hang out with friends and have a coffee. Love the Matcha Green Tea.

• Visited November 2013

Calgary, Canada
“Delicious dinner”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Thai selections were great! Service was fast, and staff helpful. The menu has lots of variety. Issue is about finding the restaurant, but it is the layout of the streets of Cranbrook that fools the newcomer to town. Use Victoria Avenue, as it runs North/South and the restaurant is visible from this street.

Visited September 2013
Vancouver Island, BC
“After 5 is a huge hit!”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I've always loved the Thai food and atmosphere at Hot Shots, but now they have hit it out of the park with their new After 5 program. The wine list is stunning! This betters most lists that I've seen in Vancouver and other major cities. Very sophisticated choices at excellent prices. Thornhaven Gewurtz, Kung Fu Riesling, Santa Rita Medalla Real Cab, Fontanafredda Briccotondo, Mudhouse Pinot Noir, etc. I could go on and on. Really spectacular wine list.

I'm also thrilled that I could have a Singha beer with my Tom Yum Noodle bowl. The rest of the beers are excellent, as well.

The cheese plate we had was also a stunner. Perfect Triple Cream brie and semi-soft Cantonnier, but the business was the SIR LAURIER D’arthabaska which had the perfect amount of funk. The charcuterie was good, but not great. The staff were so receptive to our comments that I have no doubt that the charcuterie will be outstanding like the rest of the their offerings in the very near future.

A word to the wise....
Hot Shots is still a coffee house/bistro. When we were there, most of the tables were enjoying the Thai curries and several were enjoying the iced coffees. While the After 5 serves up some of the best wine and cheese/charcuterie, I have experienced (it really is that good), this is not a wine bar. I would not expect a quiet romantic corner, with lounge chairs, mood lighting and trip hop playing in the background (go to Uva in Vancouver for that pleasure). Did I care? Not a lick. I was in jeans and flip flops and loved it. I would also come all dressed up, before going to the theatre, and feel just as at home.

I really can't wait to go back again!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank conscious14
White Rock BC Canada
“Great lunch and new bistro service”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We loved having our lunch on the patio. The food and service were great. We tried the new Bistro service and enjoyed the appies and a flight of wine outside on the patio. One problem is the high level of noise created by the food prep and staff talking inside. Not all that unusual for a coffee place with lunch but for a bistro it detracts from the ambiance. Would go back for sure next time I an in Cranbrook.

Visited July 2013
Spokane, Washington
“Healthy can be tasty”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Thanks to Trip Advisor we found this great place to eat. From our phone call seeking directions to the prompt service and excellent food, this Hot Shot of a place is a must stop for folks wanting healthy, well prepared meals.We all had salads and each of us commented on how fresh they were. The lettuce was crisp and clean. The chicken had an excellent flavor.
The service was prompt and the staff friendly.

• Visited July 2013