“Delicious and bumpin' place!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hot Shots Cafe
Ranked #6 of 98 Restaurants in Cranbrook
Cuisines: Cafe, Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
“Delicious and bumpin' place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Really impressed by this place. Had a funky vibe and great people. They serve Asian noodle bowls too but we were there too early. Got a panini and it was tasty! Busy busy busy! They kept up with the crowds well.

Visited April 2013

Victoria, Canada
“Yummy eatery in Cranbrook”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

We were there for lunch. The food was fresh and so flavourful. We had 2 Thai bowls and 2 paninis between the 4 of us and the order taker was happy to split each item in two so we could share and taste everything. The only negative is that it is the "warehouse" style, so quite noisy, even tho' we arrived around 2pm. However it is a happy, happening place and we shall return next time we're in the area.

• Visited April 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Good ambience but WATCH for unscrupulous price increase”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

My friends and I went to Hot Shots for coffee and some lunch.

The food took a while to arrive, but that is OK because it was prepared fresh and it was delicious. Not the largest portion for the price, but enough for a lunch. We weren't in a hurry.

I didn't pay for the meal myself as I was fortunate enough to be treated by my friend, who was from out of town. My friend advised me that she was treated rather rudely by the young girl at the cashier. She was apparently charged more for the meal than what the menu board indicated. The girl at the cashier said they had increased their prices a couple of weeks ago but hadn't yet gotten around to updating the chalk board. The girl was apparently rude to my friend about this. She was also charged for a soda water which didn't materialize until we asked for it twice.

The above is based upon secondhand information, and perhaps the menu board has now been changed to reflect the price increase, but please be aware of this possibility. In my opinion, the prices were already quite high.

I'll go back here for coffee, likely, but not to eat. It's a bit noisy.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank youthfulcruiser
Edmonton, AB
“Best Breakfast in the Valley”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

We went March 2013 for breakfast and were blown away!

Hubby had the B'fast Burrito - packed with flavour and a bit of heat (figured as much since the menu said it contains banana peppers and chipotle mayo - I may order this next time myself but will ask for no peppers), and the restaurant's hash is the best I've EVER had (potato, sweet potato, mushroom, dried herbs, awesomeness).

I had the Peach French Toast - peaches were baked!, cinnamon throughout, was perhaps a little disappointed that it was more a slice of bread pudding than actual french toast, but it was still delicious and the ingenuity was valued. The Aunt Jemima felt a bit like putting burlap on a model (pure maple syrup?).

The dark coffee was great. Appreciate the free refill (even if we didn't take it).

The hot chocolate was the best I've found in the valley, and if you add a shot of espresso (free!) it's far more economical than a mocha anywhere.

By far, this is THE place to go for a high quality, reasonably priced b'fast ($24 after tax/tip).

• Visited March 2013
Canada
“So Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

The last three times we have been to Hot Shots the food has been so salty we could not eat it. My partner doesn't like to cause a fuss and so did not want to tell the staff. They must have got a new chef. It is so disappointing as they have a lot of gluten free options. It is a very noisy place but the staff are very friendly and the atmosphere is upbeat. I really hope they drop the salt.

• Visited December 2012