“Best resteraunt in town”

Frank's Steak & Schnitzel Haus
Ranked #5 of 101 Restaurants in Cranbrook
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 11, 2012

Once again great food, you will never leave this place hungry. First time there for lunch. If you have a chance have their dinner buffet, just an awesome variety of great food

Reviewed February 6, 2012

Not the schnitzel i was expecting from a schnitzel house.
It tasted great at first, but i found after a bit is was really greasy, and hurt my stomach.
The atmosphere was great.

Reviewed January 27, 2012

Food is very good, there is just so much of it that you can't possibly eat it all. The buffets are fantastic.

Reviewed January 23, 2012

I only met Frank at his restaurant a couple of months ago, always ate there every time I was in Cranbrook on business. Frank always greeted us at the table, and made sure we were happy and well fed. I was impressed at how well Frank and his Staff treated the patrons, I have never been treated this way in any of the big cities I have dined in.
Condolences to Frank's Family, and I will continue to dine at Frank's.
R

Reviewed January 19, 2012

I travel a lot - so when I landed in Cranbrook I was looking forward to a nice German schnitzl - I showed up just before 8pm and ordered to go - Scallops and bacon, then a Jaeger Schnitzl. I was surprised when my order was ready in 5 minutes. Back to the hotel I go. So first- this meal cost me more than $40.
When I found my "scallops in bacon" i was horrified. It was the smallest scallop I had ever seen, wrapped in bacon then thrown in a deep frier. For $13 I got 6 deep fried rocks. I couldn't even eat them. The Jaeger Schnitzl was huge - enough for 3 people. But Schnitzl should be breaded in bread crumbs and fried in butter - This was breaded in something grainy like corn meal and again, deep fried. It was bland. For the amount of meat there was a small amount of sauce, so it was pretty dry. Overall I was hugely dissapointed. So i hit the bread sticks - They were good, but was served with this weird mayonaise pink sweet dipping sauce. Overall a huge dissapointment - especially for the cost.