“More like a 3 1/2”

Frank's Steak & Schnitzel Haus
Ranked #4 of 101 Restaurants in Cranbrook
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Food is very good, there is just so much of it that you can't possibly eat it all. The buffets are fantastic.

Reviewed January 23, 2012

I only met Frank at his restaurant a couple of months ago, always ate there every time I was in Cranbrook on business. Frank always greeted us at the table, and made sure we were happy and well fed. I was impressed at how well Frank and his Staff treated the patrons, I have never been treated this way in any of the big cities I have dined in.
Condolences to Frank's Family, and I will continue to dine at Frank's.
R

Reviewed January 19, 2012

I travel a lot - so when I landed in Cranbrook I was looking forward to a nice German schnitzl - I showed up just before 8pm and ordered to go - Scallops and bacon, then a Jaeger Schnitzl. I was surprised when my order was ready in 5 minutes. Back to the hotel I go. So first- this meal cost me more than $40.
When I found my "scallops in bacon" i was horrified. It was the smallest scallop I had ever seen, wrapped in bacon then thrown in a deep frier. For $13 I got 6 deep fried rocks. I couldn't even eat them. The Jaeger Schnitzl was huge - enough for 3 people. But Schnitzl should be breaded in bread crumbs and fried in butter - This was breaded in something grainy like corn meal and again, deep fried. It was bland. For the amount of meat there was a small amount of sauce, so it was pretty dry. Overall I was hugely dissapointed. So i hit the bread sticks - They were good, but was served with this weird mayonaise pink sweet dipping sauce. Overall a huge dissapointment - especially for the cost.

Reviewed January 14, 2012

at franks its either a hit or an miss, some days you get great service and great food others its you get your steak done wrong and never see a server to ask for it to be fixed i was not pleased with this trip to franks, maybe next time, if there is a next time.

Reviewed January 11, 2012

Pricey but worth it, the food is great and they give you a lot of it. The wait however in my experience for food and in some cases even drinks can be pretty long just because of how busy the place gets.