“*************Not Worth It*************”

Meadows Restaurant
Ranked #117 of 221 Restaurants in Delta
Cuisines: Canadian
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We went here several weeks ago for my Mothers 81st birthday.
Wow has this buffet gone downhill. Lets start with the chaffing dishes. They need replacing. Many hinges were not working properly, and the handles were coming apart. Very dangerous.
I sat down and had to wait at least 5-6 minutes to be able to ask for a coffee, and then I finally got it, I did not get a second cup for almost 20 minutes. The coffee was terrible anyway.
The cold smoked salmon could not have been any drier and they need to figure out how to have eggs benny in a chafiing dish. My son could not get through his english muffin.
If you read my reviews I do not usually have issues with places I have stayed at and or eaten at, but this was most disappointing.
The waffles were good with all the treats you could add, but the main fare was just of a poor quality, taste wise and visually.
I went to pay for my families and my mothers bill, but she had taken care of it prior to our arrival. So with all combined she forked out close to $200, plus I am sure an 18% gratuity which I would not have left 5%.
I will never go back and I suggest you put your mmoney somewhere else. If you wat a buffet, head to "The Olde Country Buffet" in Bellingham. It is not bad for what you pay. About $12.00 per adult so a difference off about $120. Plus stop at Costco and but your milk fo 1./2 price.

Hope this helps.

1  Thank flyfishn

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Dirty smelly carpets greet the diner here, food was ok, we sat down for a meal as We had no transport to go elsewhere, I found that my cutlery was dirty, I asked for clean ones and the response was a grunt, worthy of a teenage boy, a bit odd coming from a middle aged woman. The replacement items were plonked down with no comment or apology.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

The Inn itself is good, but the restaurant, Yikes!! I have written to the manager about it with no reply. The eggs at breakfast could have been cooked by a raw amateur. Poached eggs are done in those little metal containers we use a home and not in boiling water as any honest chef would do. The fried eggs I had were cold, the yokes were non-existent (all I got was a flat piece of fried egg white).

Manager: if you see this, sorry, I waited for a reply but you did not send me one. You could have dealt with this privately. The server had had to work two shifts so she said and was not alert

1  Thank Jim B
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We were staying at the Delta Town & Country Inn and decided to eat at the on site restaurant - this was a mistake! Our meal started well with tasty Satay Chicken but when the main course arrived the rotisserie chicken that my wife order had clearly been deep fried and not cooked on a rotisserie. Despite our complaint, and the obvious tell tale signs that it had been deep fried, our server insisted that it had been rotisserie cooked - she took our complaint to the kitchen but the cook (certainly not a chef!) was not interested in feedback but could be heard raising his voice to the server (seemingly not happy with our complaint). Overall, our server handled the situation well but should have been better supported by the cook who seemed to ignore his rsponsibilities to customers. There was a poor atmosphere throughout our meal and at the time that we were there a table of young men were talking loudly and frequently using swear words - we can't have been the only people to hear this but the staff did nothing to address this issue. There MUST be many better places to eat in the area than this restaurant.

1  Thank manswa
Reviewed May 31, 2012

The food was good value. For $18 you had a 3 course meal.