River House Restaurant, Pub & Marina
Reserve with OpenTable
River House Restaurant, Pub & Marina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 216 Restaurants in Delta
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hwy 17 & 60th Avenue
Transit: 10 minutes from the nearest bus stop.
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Was told they had fantastic halibut and chips but at 22 dollars I said no , went with the warm seafood salad ... Should have had the halibut ! The salad was horrible nice crisp lettuce but the seafood was served in a gravy jar it was more like baby food ! The halibut though expensive was a large portion and not that bad but .... Nice location friendly service however bit slow. Won't return to this one

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Have been coming here for lunch for years. Location is beautiful. A little break from the busyness of the city just a short drive away. The patio, facing the marina is lovely in the summer. Very peaceful and quiet. Much nicer now with the new patio furniture. Food is good, with fish and chips, clam chowder and chicken pot pie being the favourites. They also make a very nice coconut prawns and a wonderful warm seafood salad. Service, however is very mediocre. We were there for dinner the other night and bread came AFTER the meal with no apologies. They command an above average price but service is often just adequate. They take your order and bring you your meal. The only disappointing part. Otherwise it's a treat.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Our server cheerfully took orders for glasses of wine from the list, then came back to say that neither was available. What, she didn't know? It's basically a sports bar, so maybe everyone drinks beer.

You'd think a place like this would do burgers well, but those were pretty bland. Our other main courses were adequate, but not memorable.

Service (apart from the wine thing) was prompt; prices were higher than we expected; there's a nice view of the marina.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Tucked away on the Deas Island slough is the restaurant and pub location. The cozy pub features lots of windows fronting the slough and in the winter time, the fireplace is on. Lots of TVs for sports fans. The restaurant also has great views to the water. Both offer really good burgers. Try the fish dishes which are excellent. Favourites include the warm seafood salad, yam fries and calamari. Desserts are home made and delicious. On warm days, sit outside on the patio and watch the action at the marina. Too sunny? Lots of umbrellas for shade. It's a wonderful place to while away some hours. Book a special occassion and ask for the smaller dining room which has the same great views and menu.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

We went to this restaurant before and never had an issue but I felt quite compelled to write something this time as it was for Mother's day and we were all sadly disappointed.
As my two grown sons are big eaters, they ordered each a plate of fish and chips with a price tag of $22.00 each. Yes, it was expensive but it was Mothers day and what the heck.
My wife and I also ordered two separate menu items for our dinners as well as a appetizer.
Well, we got our drinks promptly but waited forever for our appetizer let alone the dinner items. After about 40 minutes, I went to look for our waitress to see about our appetizer and met her at the door. I said to her that I was about to find out what happened to our appies and she replied by saying that they were extremely busy and the kitchen was handling the food for the pub and restaurant.
I said to her that I hope our food does not take as long and she said I hope not either.
Well again, we waited easily another forty minutes and finally the food came and my sons were so disappointed as for $22.00 they got two small pieces of fish and hardly any fries.
When I brought this to the waitress' attention, she brought out more fries for each of my sons. At that time, I said to her that although I appreciated her doing that, the fish pieces were small and she said the price of fish is very expensive.
Although our waitress was very nice, this does not excuse the management team for poor staffing!

2  Thank Canuck99_8